1. alexalodo

alexalodo New Member

Help describing a prison setting

Discussion in 'Setting Development' started by alexalodo, Dec 31, 2021.

Hello all, I'm currently stumped on describing a prison setting.

The background of my story is that the main character's little sister was killed by a gang and the main character's best friend and brother was a part of that gang, they ended up getting arrested on counts of murder of previous cases involving the gang. The main character is wanting to go to the prison they're being held at to try and talk to either of them to see if either one will discuss any knowledge on who they think (or know) killed the main character's little sister.

I've got the name of the prison; Ashmount Institute. That's all I've got. I picture the main character going into the prison, asking to speak to either person, and once they're there - the main character sits in one chair on one side and the other character sits on the other side in front of the main character, in another chair; there's a barrier of a plastic shield between the two - if that makes any sense. They're talking to each other through a phone on both sides.

If this will help: The story takes place in Colorado, in the year 1947.

2. Alcove Audio

Alcove Audio Contributor Contributor

3. Thomas Larmore

Thomas Larmore Senior Member

Go visit a prison and ask for a tour.

4. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    I don't know if that sort of plastic would have been available in 1947 for a prison. I'd go with an expanded wire mesh.

alexalodo likes this.