1. rktho

rktho Contributor Contributor

Reason for this guy to be a spy

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by rktho, Feb 17, 2020.

So I'm writing a Star Wars story and a big battle's about to go down. One character goes to spy on the enemy and gets captured. But I'm having trouble coming up with a reason as to why he would be allowed to do that.

So here's the situation. Pretty much everyone has seen the big red dome shield go up in the middle of town. The prime minister, Chatriyon, has called an emergency meeting between him, Inspector Lam, General Lo, and Inspector General Koss. Koss and Lo are promotion-chasers snatching at any opportunity to look good in front of the minister. There is a question as to whether this is a military matter or a police matter, since the uprising has just begun and they don't know if it's just a riot or not. Koss volunteers to infiltrate the rebels' camp as a mole. My question is how can such a high-ranking officer be allowed to volunteer for such a mission? I need him to be there for plot reasons. He's going to be captured before the battle starts.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  2. Thorn Cylenchar

Thorn Cylenchar Senior Member

Why not have him just take the initiative to try to infiltrate the camp on his own? He doesn't announce his intentions because he doesn't want Lo to find out and beat him to the punch.

3. rktho

rktho Contributor Contributor

Hm. I suppose it could be a possibility.

4. Whitecrow

Whitecrow Active Member

As a superior officer, he can, on his own initiative, participate in the task.
    1) Just to test his skills. (This is the motivation for the old fighter accustomed more to the battlefields than to the office. He just feels uncomfortable in civilian work, so try to get into small tasks (Find a way to the battlefields, where everything is more clear to him.). May boast of old operations. Has a fighting spirit, if you catch him, he will fight and try to escape even in the most desperate situations.)(Nice type)
    2) Check his subordinates (He underestimates the rebels, and at the same time does not trust his soldiers. He goes with them to check their effectiveness, as well as the likelihood of a traitor in his circle. An incredulous type of people who constantly seek traitors in all around. He will constantly twist and find fault with words and actions.) (Not a nice type)

rktho likes this.