Tags:
  1. 31152104

31152104 Active Member

Entry: A decrepit lounge, all along the walls are mounted

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 31152104, Apr 14, 2019.

the heads of a menagerie of animals, all having been given afterlife under the taxidermist's knife.

I enter through a doorway, its door long since moulded away.

"Greetings. Welcome to my mind."

Here I have joined, for as of late the urge to write has reignited itself within my cranium, so developing a disciplined approach to it is paramount for a bonky brain.

So hello there fellow bipedal consumers, this place looks active and interesting.

Sunshine222 likes this.
  2. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Bonky brain? Well, I'm sure you'll find kindred spirits here. Welcome to the forum. :)

What sorts of things do you like to write? The word 'reignited' implies you've written before, but stopped for a while. What's the story on that? Did you just get fed up, or overwhelmed by 'life,' or distracted by taxidermy? You sound like you might be a potential fantasy author (or taxidermist) or possibly horror (or taxidermist?)

Anyway, if you haven't already done it, I'd recommend reading the New Member guide before you dive in. To do that, just open up the Information tab at the top of the Community page, and scroll down to New Member Guide. You can explore other bits of information as well. Getting familiar with our forum rules, under the Rules section (also under Information) is a very good idea.

Once you have put in at least two constructive critiques on any of the Workshop forums, then you can then post your own work for similar feedback. The rule is two critiques of somebody else's work for one Workshop entry of your own—and that ratio exists forever, not just for new members. Two for one, every time.

Workshopping is one of our most popular forum features, because it gives you a chance to let others see what you're working on, and get some feedback on it. It also is an excellent opportunity to look at how storytelling devices work, based on your engagement with other people's stories. It's a win-win.

Anyway, look forward to seeing you around ...as long as you don't aim to stuff my head and hang it over the fireplace. (A few have foundered on that rock.)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    Some Guy likes this.