1. ChaosReigns

ChaosReigns Ov The Left Hand Path Contributor

Media Personality

Discussion in 'Research' started by ChaosReigns, May 1, 2013.

would anyone be able to help me in explaining a little further into what a media personality exactly is, i have a character who becomes a media personality due to a paper he wrote on the illicit trade of Martial Arts weaponry, and i wondered how this would affect how he is percieved

2. Xatron

Xatron New Member

Martial arts weaponry like nunchucks, spears, shuriken and katana swords? I don't believe there are regulations on the trade of such equipment, so the trade can't be called illicit.

3. ChaosReigns

Yeah, and yes there is regs on them, its based in the UK, and i already know the rules and regs for it as i studied it breifly for a college project

4. Mithrandir

Mithrandir New Member

In the general vicinity of the Atlantic Ocean
    People who had heard of him and read his stuff would obviously know more about him than he does about them. He might also expect people to know him -- only to be dissappointed on occasion. Although, since he got famous with a paper, I doubt many people would know or care.

5. ChaosReigns

thanks, the paper got printed and made huge news which is why he became a media personality

6. chicagoliz

chicagoliz Contributor Contributor

What comes to my mind when I think of "media personality" is someone who does have some sort of expertise in a subject, but instead of continuing an academic pursuit or professional pursuit of that subject, instead becomes a quasi-celebrity, who expounds regularly on the subject, and often gets his or her own television show to showcase other people in subjects related to that in which he is an expert, but most often just discusses dumbed-down, basic theories of whatever area he's an expert in. I'm not sure that makes complete sense -- some that come to mind are Dr. Drew Pinsky, Nancy Grace, Dr. Phil, and Dr. Oz.

7. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

as Liz said, but I'd also throw in people who are famous just because... like the Kardashians who are famous media personalities but no one knows why, even though I just googled she's famous because her dad was a lawyer in the OJ case... media personality or media whore? hmmm...

8. ChaosReigns

hmm, that could make for a better explanation as to why he knows so much about it, id been struggling for a backstory for the character too, and this may be what i need to keep the character right

9. chicagoliz

chicagoliz Contributor Contributor

It wasn't until several years later, though, that she became famous, apparently via making a sex tape. Her family is wealthy and her mother is now married to Bruce Jenner. So, if you have a lot of money, and you are kind of known to other wealthy people in Hollywood, and then you make a sex tape, I guess you achieve world wide fame.