Recommend me some books

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Ged, Dec 2, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ArckAngel

ArckAngel New Member

Woh woh woh....
    You're suggesting that Atonemnet is BAD? I know it's to each their own...but a literary master piece....I think should be above such drivel as posts like this. McEwan is studied.

A lot.

Does that make him good? Well actually yes.

2. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

No no no, absolutely not!!! :eek: I was suggesting all those books as GOOD fiction, not bad. I loved--LOVED--Atonement. It's definitely one of my favorites. I was recommending good fiction.

Just to clarify.

3. Writers_Block

Writers_Block New Member

Inheritance - Simon Brown, just to start off with some fantasy. Not a hard read, and pretty entertaining in my opinion. It's has two sequels, but you shouldn't invest in the series until it's peaked your interested obviously.

4. arron89

arron89 Banned

This thread has become so confused....I'm not sure what ones are recommended because they're bad (which was what the OP asked for) and which ones are recommended because they're good....

5. Kas

Kas New Member

Right. . . and on that note, I forgot to mention the Wheel of Time book 12, though I've brought it up in other threads. It's the one book I've read where absolutely nothing happened. And that's some feat, considering how long it is (700+ pages or so?). I suppose you could call that purple prose.

And if the Shannara books are any indication, I think anything written by Terry Brooks should inspire you to drive a nail through your own head. So, make sure you're not alone if you decide to read them.