1. Milwa

Milwa New Member

Recovery from stab between shoulder and chest muscle

Discussion in 'Research' started by Milwa, Feb 28, 2019.

Hello everyone.

I am currently working on my piece and my character gets injurd in a battle. A knife has been thrown at him and thrust somewhere between his chest muscle and deltoid, about 3 cm below the clavicle. The knife was like 3,5 mm thick and 3,5 cm wide, thrusted 5 cm deep in his body. He had it stuck in his wound for a while before he got to treat it (as to prevent it from bleeding). Then he got it stitched couple of minutes after. My question is how long would it possibly take for him to recover enough to get his stitches removed?
    Thanks for your insights in advance.

2. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

5cm deep in that position would either strike bone or enter the chest cavity. (and you'd generally expect a throwing knife to go further in than that anyway)

That aside a simple stab wound to muscle closed with stitches will heal in about 10-15 days - a deep one like this would require more than just stitches and would take about a month assuming there were no complications, infections etc

3. Milwa

Milwa New Member

The character has in fact some supernatural abilities, I just wanted to know how bad would it be with an ordinary person as to adjust it to my character's traits. Thanks for your response!