1. Darth Batman

Darth Batman Member

Regarding Writer's Workshop. . .

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Darth Batman, Sep 8, 2016.

*edit*
    Forget the first part. I made a mistake.

I am writing a Gameshow-like Fanfiction, and the basis of it is that the readers basically contribute to various elements-the contestants, and such. I am writing this, but the question remains-would it be regarded as a Story or a Game?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Just letting you know that I moved this to the appropriate area of the forum for this question given that your question is more about the kind of media this would be engaged as. Support and Feedback is for questions, concerns or suggestions about the forum's function.

I would personally engage such a thing as a Game in the sense of being a kind of RPG. Please understand, though, that such a thing would not be allowed in the forum with the end intent that you own or try to publish the content provided by others. Our forum will not host that kind of enterprise.

3. Darth Batman

Darth Batman Member

Thanks for helping guide me in the right direction. The content, as I said, would be Fanfiction, so technically I can't own anything because the contestants would be copyrighted-FI Batman. However, my end intent was for the sole purpose of having fun both writing, and reading suggestions. As your would regard a Game, may I presume that it should be placed in the Lounge?

4. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Games go either in Writing Prompts or in the RPG section if they are of a more formalized, RPG dynamic.

5. Darth Batman

Darth Batman Member

So, which would be where mine would stand? Mine is organized, but it's not like an RPG. RPGs involve several writers. Basically, in this case the readers have a chance to influence the story.