Relic Doll

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Gloom Kitty, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fluxhavok

Fluxhavok Active Member

Tristan and Zachariah held back, Zacharia observing the controntation between the two magic users, while Tristan seemed more concerned with the 2 beautiful horses owned by the short woman whose face he hadn't gotten a good look at. After the confrontation was over, the two men walked off with another man, the man Tristan thought to be the one they'd come to meet. The representative of the group that was called to end the war. He noticed that all of them carried weapons of some sort and wondered just what tye of mission it was. He'd hoped it would be one of peace. The group began to walk away, making their way up the hill and Tristan became worried.

"Come on Zach" He told his cousin. "They're leaving without us."

"Not all of them, Tristan." he said gesturing to the gorgeous creature left standing at the dock. "The Relic doll stayed behind."

Tristan had never seen a Relic Doll up close. She was beyond beautiful, she was utterly flawless. He'd only heard stories of Relic dolls, none of them good, they all told of the terrible magic they could weild.

A young firemaned woman approached the Doll with a horse after a small altercation with what looked to be her servant.

"Come, let's go make introductions cousin." Zach said to Tristan, smiling and clapping him on the shoulder. "Let's go save the world."

2. Xeno

Xeno Mad and Bitey Contributor

Kerrone raised his container.
    "Here's to that." He growled.

3. Mousie

Mousie New Member

Mordred smiled shyly, twirling a strand of hair around his finger.

"Um, yeah," he said bashfully. "I'm, uh, I'm with the...army? I guess." Now that he thought about it, he wasn't entirely sure what he was supposed to be doing here. He was just filling in for his father, who was sick and unable to travel.

He giggled sheepishly, and when he caught sight of a group of soldiers nearby it grew to a good-natured laugh. They'd been giving him the eye 'til they heard his clearly-not-female voice, and were all either confused or embarrassed or a little bit of both.

"Good afternoon, gents," he called to them with a wave, then looked down at the girl with the horses.

"Sorry," he said, "I'm...new. Could you show me were I'm supposed to go? Or whatever." He giggled again, and stuck out a dainty, well-manicured hand.

"Name's Mordred, by the way. PLeased to meet you."

4. Foxee

Foxee Contributor Contributor

Dlieza transferred one lead rope to the other hand and shook Mordred's proffered one. Where she was from pink was used to dress girl babies. She supposed this was what the foreigners did, though. Never could tell about those foreign customs.

Shrugging Dlieza said, "I suppose you could try going in those gates over there," she nodded to where a group of people had been ushered into the barracks. "I don't rightly know why you're here either but maybe someone there can help you. Here it's just stables."

Just at that moment Masterhorseman Keenan appeared and ushered Dlieza and the two horses inside. The guards blocked Mordred's way and gave him a significant nod toward the other gate.

5. Mousie

Mousie New Member

"Oh," he giggled, "Sorry. Thank you."

Mordred trotted after the group towards the barracks. When he was close enough to be noticed, he slowed his pace and looked bashfully at his hooves. He folded his hands behind his back and fiddled with the pink bow around his waist.

Geez, this was turning out to be such an awkward day. He wished he knew what it was he was supposed to be doing.

Once again, Mordred waited for someone to notice him and help him out.

6. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

in a little cage in the bowls of Cephalid
    Raskia watched as the final two approached, there was a woman some place. However time was of the essence and she could no longer wait for any others. She studied the men closely. Family her mind told her. Whirling the mount around she hailed them and called for them to mount also before leading them through the city, there was no time for idle chatter that the emotion holders seemed to enjoy things had to move onwards.

7. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

The walls were strong, the relic turned to commune silently with the others of the large cluster that had formed outside Lorn’s walls. There was no point trying to destroy the walls with out the large metal behemoths and they had not yet woken to the call. The relics head was split wide open blue sparks zapped along two pieces of fractured metal. It probed the city walls. There was only one way in, the relics would have to pull forth all of the creatures and as a group they would tear down the gates and destroy what was within the walls. The mutations had to perish any doll built for military purposes knew that and those who did not needed reprogramming. He had woken and called forth the others.

The numbers outside the gates began to swells and one of the Drakan shouted out to the other Drakan that walked the walls. Archers no real threat, unless a relics vital mechanisms got in the way of fire. He sent the order through to the other Relics and they started their tasks the Relics built for strength began to pound at the rough wooden surface as the did others mounted there backs and tried to clamber over them to reach the top of the gates. Wave after wave like angry wasps they came beating the gate clawing over one another and then the archers came. The arrows rained down in heavy waved. However the Drakan’s orders had come to late the gate was weakening and a splintering sound could be heard. A large plank from the gate dropped down upon the cluster, the Relic could hear circuits chunking and the sound of glass eyes and runes smashing under the weight.

A hole had appeared big enough to begin, the flyers swooped in on the archers and using bare hands they began to strip away their lives. The Relic stood outside the cluster watching as they flooded in, their soldiers were far from here and there were barely enough skilled men to protect the Drakan. It was time to Ravage the city.

8. freeflow

freeflow New Member

Try to be nice, thought Aviana , their only trying to help. Repositioning on her saddle, she rode a short distance to the Relic doll who had been waiting for her.

“I’m sorry about how rude I was to you, I’m trying to work on how I come off the others. You see, I’m not the kindest of soul, but I try my hardest,” reaching out her hand she waited for the Relic doll, “the names
    Aviana Fae, yourself?” she said, grinding her teeth. Being nice was truly a hard task for someone like Aviana.

Two others were coming up behind them, probably others for the group mission. Turning, she gave them a small smile, raising her hand a little, trying to wave. You probably look like a moron, sighing she straightened up, waiting for the others.

9. Foxee

Foxee Contributor Contributor

Masterhorseman Keenan was only two inches taller than Dlieza but at least sixty years older. His iron-grey hair was alwasy neatly brushed and his small frame was powerful enough to stop a plunging charger practically in its tracks.

Usually he only became excited about horses but as he ushered Dlieza into the stables he began talking earnestly.

"Thank you for bringing those two beauties but now you have to get to the barracks, there is a group meeting there and I've been told to send you there as soon as you arrived."

"A group?" Dlieza almost laughed, "a group of what?"

"People who have been hand-picked to go on a special quest. Now stop asking me questions because I don't have any answers," he was hustling her along an unfamiliar passageway as he talked, "there is no time to spare, go through here and you'll find them."

"But..." Dlieza said, half-turning, a little worried now that she was leaving the familiar stables behind.

"Just go! Everything will be explained!"

With that Keenan shoved her through a door in the passageway and slammed it behind her.

Dlieza was alone. The smell of burning flesh was stronger now and she wanted nothing more than to go back. What kind of quest could possibly need her? She wasn't a hero.

She looked back at the closed door then slowly turned and went forward. Shortly, as promised, she found herself stepping from the tunnel-like passage into a space where there was, indeed, a group milling around, at least one Drakan with black and white wings, a few humans. Dlieza stopped uncertainly, feeling exposed, before she finally asked the whole group in general, "So what is this all about?"

10. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

“You need not share your emotions with me Aviana Fae. I unlike some of the other relics hold no emotion. Your words do not bother me. I am Raskia,”

A voice shouted out making Raskia turn her head quickly. “Raskia, come quickly, The Relics have broken through the gates.” a young lad from the palace shouted. Raskia looked back at the others their was no need to explain to them. She put her heel into her horse and commanded it into a canter. The forces in the city were weak. They would need whoever they could get to help. She honed her rune into focus and sent waves of courage to all she could touch they would need to be brave, for her powers would not work on the relics they were built for war and nor would Rhues. They would have to take up arms and fight.

11. freeflow

freeflow New Member

“You need not share your emotions with me Aviana Fae. I unlike some of the other relics hold no emotion. Your words do not bother me. I am Raskia,”

“Hello Raskia,” she answered, squeezing her legs together to get the horse moving. A lad had come by yelling something about Relic’s breaking through gates. Sighing, Aviana followed behind Raskia, still unsure of this Relic Doll. She was taught growing up never to trust them.

A wave of something coursed through Aviana. It sent shiver’s up and down her spine, forcing her to halt. Her fingers tingled, along with her legs. Grabbing her sword, she looked at it with a new feeling of courage. Bloody Relics are doing something to us, she muttered in her head, looking up through her main of red curls.

12. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

Rhue turned from Della’s serving lad who had come with news. “No time for explanation, ” he managed “the Relics have broken through Lorn’s gates.” the city is under siege and their aren’t enough forces to deal with them. We must hurry.” without another word Rhue ran from the group towards the stables. The stable keeper jumped out of his way as he hurried through his stables to his chestnut mare. She whinnied in protest as he swung himself up on the mount roughly and heeled her hard to get her moving from the stables. Mud spattered the mounts feet as he pushed her through the thick wallow and out onto the Streets Raskia met him her horse keeping stride with his own.

“No details my lord, we must hurry,” Raskia said.

“We don‘t have the forces to survive this, our losses are going to be heavy. How can we ward off the relics with nothing but wounded soldiers nobles and citizens.” Rhue shouted.

“We can‘t,” Raskia replied, “we can try however.”

13. Fluxhavok

Fluxhavok Active Member

The shout from the crowd replayed in Tristan's mind.

"The Relics have broken through the gates."

A wave of fear washed over him, they were going to be attacked. He looked to Zach for reassurance. His face was stone, he gave him a slight nod before he spoke.

"You needn't worry cousin, I'll protect you, just don't leave my sight." He knew how much Tristan hated violence, but wished that he had consented to at least bring his bow. Tristan was an exellent shot, but thought of archery only as a sport.

Tristan felt an overwhelming surge of bravery, which he at first attributed to his cousins words. But then wondered if maybe it'd come from a differrent source. He looked to the Rune doll with wonder...

14. Mousie

Mousie New Member

Whoa, what? Wait a second...

A man bolted from the barracks to the stables, and without thinking, Mordred ran after him.

"Hey, wait a---"

Before he could finish, the man galloped away on a horse. Crap.

He looked back at the barracks, unsure of what to do. It'd be best to grab himself a horse and go after the man, but Mordred'd never ridden one. Besides, he thought with a small smile, his hooves were just as good as theres.

Adjusting the pink flower hairpin in his hair, Mordred bolted after the man on the horse. Whatever was going on, it looked like some kind of fight. His hand went to the silver hilt of his sword, which hung in the ribbon around his waist. He didn't know how much a jammed sword would help, but hey, it was worth a shot.

15. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

The relics spilt into the streets some now brandishing well made weapons. The relic with half a head spotted a pleasure doll on a mount next to mutation. It was forbidden, he sent a probe out to her and she fell from her horse rolling onto the ground, a howl of agony rose from her. She was built from human parts as well as that of the relics. He moved towards her leaving the other relics to their own devices a group of five relics descended upon the Drakan, giving him no room to help her.

“You are in violation of our protocol, have you anything to say before you are dismantled.” The relic dragged herself to her feet, drawing her weapons. Half head blocked her blow and deflected it with his hand picking up a discarded piece of splintered wood. He swung and the relic blocked using both her axe and sword crossed over one another. She moved towards the walls drawing him back with her half head could read what she had in mind, she wanted to bring him to where there were more numbers to defeat him. She looked back for a moment and he saw it as his chance, half head put his strength into his shoulders and arms then swung the splintered piece of wood it slammed into her face with a dull thud her face was plated with metal. There were human pieces beneath, if he could weaken the metal he could kill her. The Relic laid on the ground, her form lifeless blood had began to trail from her ear. With all the relic components to help eradicate the bleed she wouldn’t die from the wound. Half head prepared himself to swing at her again.

16. freeflow

freeflow New Member

Swinging off her horse, Aviana rushed over to the Relic named Raskia. Putting a soft hand on her heart, she spoke a few words. If healing you wears me down to much, I will kill you myself, threatened Aviana in her head.

Sitting on her butt, she waited for the lag to kick in…one…two…three…four? Nothing? Shrugging, she pulled the little Relic to her feet.

“You should feel better now,” she said, mounting her horse again.

17. Mousie

Mousie New Member

Bad timing and dumb luck thrust Mordred into the middle of the action before he had any idea what was going on. He stumbled into "Half-Head" just as Aviana arrived on the scene.

The Relic turned on him, bashing him across the face with his splintered plank of wood. Mordred reeled back with a yelp and yanked his sword from his "belt". It couldn't cut while it was stuck in its scabbard, but it made a good blugeon. Mordred swung and missed.

((short post is short.))

18. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

Though the healing had helped her human vitals, their was damage to her metal parts and the strange wire objects. They zapped and trembled within her head and Raskia gasped in pain holding onto her forehead. The Relics were closing in, forming a tight circle around the group. There were twenty or so, at least Raskia thought so her vision was blurred. There was a strange sensation within it seemed to make the pain worse. Raskia tried to stand and slumped quivering. The feeling was horrible like nothing she’d ever felt before…felt? Raskia gasped again, she was feeling emotion.

“She‘s been damaged,” Rhue yelled from somewhere behind her. She could here him jump down from his horse and hurry over to her.

“What is it Raskia.”

“I don‘t know,” she managed.

19. CommonGoods

CommonGoods New Member

Alastor sighed out loud when the news came. Dolls inside the city, great. Yet he had been hired to deal with this threat, and Alastor Een did what he was hired to do. He tapped one of his Runes and his Kamas appeared in his left hand. He yawned as he walked after Rhue.

The Drakan seemed to be worried about his personal Doll, and Alastor nearly smiled. She was a Doll, an animated object, worrying would be foolish. Had she been human or Drakan… well, even then, worrying would be foolish. Either she lived, or she didn’t.

He walked up to a young man swinging a sword, still in the scarab, at some Doll with a split head. He grinned as he saw the man stagger back, looking panicky. “You’ll be fine.” Alastor yelled, as the man barely dodged another blow. Alastor stalked of, finding another opponent.

He found two Relic Dolls not far from Raskia’s location, but was somewhat disappointed when he noticed neither of them seemed to be carrying any weapons. But even so, fighting a Relic Doll was a challenge; they survived blows that were lethal to man, and you needed to aim your blows in order to take them down.

Yet the Dolls didn’t seem to posses any type of combat strategy. They simply lunged at him, and Alastor grimaced. He had hoped to add another red strip of cloth to his left sleeve today. He braced himself as he dodged the first Doll and then smashed his Kamas into the back of the other Dolls head, pulling him into a wall. Retracting one of his Kamas out of the Dolls head, he placed in on the things neck, severing the head from the rest of the body. The Doll collapsed, and Alastor turned his attention to the other Doll. No expression. “What makes you walk, Relic? What makes you talk?”

The Doll simply tilted its head, before again lunging itself at Alastor again. How was he ever going to figure out how these things worked if they wouldn’t talk to him? He tapped another rune stone and Flickered a yard to the left and plunged one kama into the Dolls back, using it’s own movement do tear it open. The Doll crashed onto the street and stayed there.

Alastor started looking for another opponent.

20. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

Raskia lifted herself from the ground, she had bleed well the bleed had now however stopped. Unlike other dolls she had more of a chance to die in a fight. Side stepping a blade jab by another doll Raskia took the blade out of the dolls hand with her own before slamming the sword up to its hilt in the dolls eye socket. She lifted her foot and kicked the doll off her blade then turned to Alastor, taking a swipe at a doll behind him and receiving one to her stomach in return. She quipped in pain then switched her axe to her main hand using the sword once again as a secondary weapon. She hacked the dolls head off and gripped it by the hair to show Alastor. It did not bleed like she did but it was a prime example. The cords that connected the head to the body withered like snakes.

“That‘s what makes it walk,” she said throwing the dolls head to him.

21. CommonGoods

CommonGoods New Member

“That‘s what makes it walk.”

Alastor eyed the woman, no, Doll, and smiled briefly. “Fascinating.” He blocked an incoming blow and broke the things back. It fell the floor, clawing as it went down, but its lower body seemed to have stopped moving. Alastor pressed the thing down with his foot and severed the things head. More wires. Now he was paying attention to it, they seemed to be everywhere.

He turned to face Raskia. “You are filled with those wires then, yet you bleed as if you are alive. What are you?”

22. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

Raskia felt anguish build within her, another horrid feeling, were her eyes leaking? She turned to Alastor, “I‘m human however I host Relic doll parts. Up until now they created a wall against emotion made me stronger yet still pleasing to ones eye. I have all the organs you have, in fact once I would have been free of any of these wires. However without them now I think I would die.”

She stopped for a moment circling a Relic that had broken through the ring. She brought her axe upwards and tore it in half from its groin to its upper stomach. “I don‘t fight because it isn‘t my original programming I was programmed to please people, I have a rune inserted in my body that allows me to create moods.” she said as she finished wiping the axe blade on her cape.

23. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

Chaos looked up into the sky, at the flying relics. Instinctively he took off after them, easily dodging their attack with his enhanced speed. Flying past them, he left a trail of fire, destroying a lot of them. Looking down, he saw one of the flyers diving at Raskia. Aiming with his enhanced vision, he threw he lance down at it, piercing through the relic's head just as it reached out for Raskia.

24. Xeno

Xeno Mad and Bitey Contributor

Kerrone crashed to the ground, crushing a couple of Relics under his feet. They exploded in a mess of wires and body parts.
    "Sorry." He growled.
    A few of the relics dived towards him, brandishing small daggers.
    He drew his sword and grinned.
    This was going to be fun!
    He hacked his attackers apart and spotted the rest of the group surrounded by relics, at the other end of the street.
    Crouching down, he took a deep breath and catapulted himself towards them.

25. CommonGoods

CommonGoods New Member

Alastor was aware of a flying Doll heading for Raskia, but he saw the shimmer of platinum and simply grinned, watching as the spear the other Doll had thrown pinned the things head down to the floor. Let them handle the fighting. He would get his pay anyway.

He looked back at the Doll. "Pleasing to the eye indeed." He grinned. "Could a human be turned into a doll but still... Excuse me." Alastor hurled one of his kamas to a flieing Doll that had started to charge him. The blade dug deep into the things skull and it crashed into the ground. "Could a human be turned into a doll but still retain his memories and personality?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.