1. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Religion in 1900s North Wales?

Discussion in 'Research' started by I.A. By the Barn, Jun 10, 2016.

At the moment my first draft is going alright but something is bugging me. I want to make life in the welsh mining town that it is set in as '3D' as possible and I know I can fix it on further drafts (if they'll ever exist) but I'm having trouble finding it with my very specific details especially with google only picking out certain words.

Obviously it would be some form of Christianity and religion would have been quite important at this time but how important, how would they express it? Its not super important really, its just me over detailing everything but it would be nice to know.

2. RobT

RobT Active Member

I've just finished the first book of Ken Follett's "The Century Trilogy". It gave a good depiction of (in my opinion) life in a Welsh mining town at the turn of the century, including religion. Although it was set in the South Wales valleys. If you can get hold of a copy it might be worth a skim as "research".

3. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributor Contributor

Google "religion in wales". It leads to a Wikipedia page that looks to have a lot of material.

4. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Thanks, I think I might have been searching too specific for google and I'll check out that book too!