1. Published on Amazon? If you have a book, e-book, or audiobook available on Amazon.com, we'll promote it on WritingForums.org for free. Simply add your book to our Member Publications section. Add your book here or read the full announcement.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  1. nippy818

nippy818 Active Member

Reluctance to finish the story.

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by nippy818, Jul 27, 2014.

Since the middle of March this year I have had the great pleasure to shape and create an entire universe and a group of characters i have fallen madly for. my issue is that i just entered my final chapter, and with it a reluctance to finish the story. I have fed what seems like millions of hours into these characters, had dreams about them and now that their story is coming to an end, i am beginning to have a sense of loss, like a good friend is preparing to leave town. i have the ending outlined, everything will tie together, but i am having a hard time putting it all into play, a reluctance to let them go. anyone else deal with this before.

2. shadowwalker

shadowwalker Contributing Member Contributor

Every time. Typically followed by the thought that it's the last story I'll be able to write. Both feelings pass.

3. nippy818

nippy818 Active Member

I really understand the Last story thing. always worried i will never be able to out due myself, hitting the wall. I am also attempting this whole new age quit smoking thing people keep hassling me about and that just multiplies the issue.

4. Mike Kobernus

Mike Kobernus Contributing Member

I do not know that feeling at all. I look forward to getting to the end, since I have invariably started another story, and THIS one is the best thing ever...

nippy818 likes this.
  5. nippy818

nippy818 Active Member

I wish i could not know the feeling.

6. ddavidv

ddavidv Contributing Member

Think "sequel".

nippy818 likes this.