Tags:
  1. TheScorpion

TheScorpion Member

Rescue Conundrum

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by TheScorpion, Feb 8, 2018.

In a current piece, the MC is a merc that has been arrested by the High Council for treason and is basically waist-deep in trouble.

I need a way to get her out of said trouble, at least temporarily (lots more trouble down the road but I'll get to that later). So my options are as follows and I'm not sure which might be the best fit:

1. Her guild-leader steps in, at his own risk, to save one of his best. He manages to get her out on a fairly flimy story that won't hold up for long.

2. Her father, who she has had little-to-no contact with in six years, steps in (very powerful man) but does so without actually revealing to the world that she's his daughter. How, I don't have a clue, but it's still an idea.

3. Her mother (a very politically powerful woman) steps in and throws her weight around. Again, its a temporary reprieve but it gets her out of prison.

Sidebar: her parents are estranged.

4. Some sort of option using lots of explosives and a few easily bribed guards?

Let's hear it.

2. X Equestris

X Equestris Contributor Contributor

I'm not sure I'd ever release somebody accused of treason without the charges being outright dropped. It's a little hard to judge, since I don't have the intricacies of your politics, but pressure from influential people only goes so far.

With such high level charges, an escape seems like your best bet. It needn't be anything super loud, though. Get her a stolen guard's uniform and just walk out. John Dillinger famously bluffed his way out of prison using a fake gun he'd made out of wood. The possibilities are almost endless, and some of the less straightforward options might be more interesting than explosions.

3. TheScorpion

TheScorpion Member

Ok, I see where you're coming from. With the way the story works, there are few people that would be willing to help her get out but I'll see what I can come up with!
    Thanks.