1. January

January New Member

Research on Bertolt Brecht?

Discussion in 'Research' started by January, Jul 20, 2007.

Hey all,

Sorry if this is the wrong site to be posting this on, but I really don’t know where else to look and you're all writers I thought you might have some ideas…

I’m currently preparing to write a paper on the German playwright Bertolt Brecht, the paper to be entitled something along the lines of ‘To what extent did Nazism in Germany serve to popularize the work of Brecht?’.

I would like to look at various press articles about the work of Brecht (both recent articles and ones contemporary to the playwright himself – ie. From the 1920s/’30s), but am struggling to locate them.

I would be grateful if anyone who knows of any resources, in either German or English, either online or off it, would help me out?

Thank you all

-Marvin

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

have you checked websites devoted to his work that you can find with a simple google search?... i would think links could be found on some of them to point you in the right direction, at least...

3. beatgen_nerd

beatgen_nerd New Member

I would say the first place you need to stop by is the International Brecht Society. I would post the link here, but I have been informed by the little post man that I cannot do so until I have five posts. Just google the page, though, and it will give you the link. There is a wealth of information there. Also, don't be afraid to give wikipedia a try. Though, as a source, wikipedia is not the most reliable, it does usually have some pretty good external links you can follow.

Now, if it's criticisms that you're looking for, I know that Roland Barthes did cover Brecht in a few of his essays. The one that comes to mind right away is "Death of an Author". You can probably find it online. Hope that helps some. :)

4. January

January New Member

Thankyou both very much. Very helpful indeed :)