Tags:
  1. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Resources

Discussion in 'Community Volunteers Forum' started by big soft moose, Aug 12, 2017.

Here's a thing, not everybody we've taken threads from for resources has permission to view resources (I suspect this means they have a low post count or are banned). In those cases the software won't let us reassign the resource to them (David K thommassen and Sheriff Woody so far)

No big deal it can stay assigned to me, i just thought i'd say so no one wastes time trying to reassign them

2. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Just to add to this I've now reassigned all the resources it will let me reassign to their original authors

3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

SUPER COOL! I know Daniel will be pleased at the use of the Resources. :agreed:

4. big soft moose

It does mean I have five resources accorded to my count which aren't mine but there nothing much we can do about that... I gave credit to the OP in each heading tagline anyway

5. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I don't think it's a big deal. You did make me remember that I had a Settings Developement thread that I wanted to turn into a Resource. The one with the Scrivener Template for a Worldbuilding Bible.

6. big soft moose

deleted - thought this was a p,m.. doh

7. big soft moose

Here's a thing - I've been poking about in resources, moving bits that are in the patently wrong category and so forth , and I noticed a bizarre gaping hole ... there's not a resource category for research resources , which is bizarre as that's possible the number one or two thing a writer needs resource on (the other being writing advice).. for the minute I'm putting those under general resources because that makes more sense than say having a link to a load of old slave records under literary agents

also I noticed we do have a resource category for writing conventions , and one for writing courses, which made me think that there's a shit load of both in GW that got left there because we thought had no where else to put them. (probably only worth moving if the information is still current or at least relevant such as reviews of a past convention which is still running year on year)

8. big soft moose

I've now run through resources and moved everything to the right categories, checked every link is working, fixed all the broken ones I could, updated prices where necessary, and deleted the few resources which were no longer valid (because the sites or publications linked to no longer exist). Where descriptions were very brief I've done my best to flesh them out.

The one exception is one in forum members websites where the link is broken and the site is no more but circumstances are 'sensitive' - I have referred that to @Wreybies instead of deleting it myself.

I've also added a bunch more stuff from my own list of resources on my laptop and will continue to do so as time allows.