Tags:
  1. Boom Bach

Boom Bach New Member

A little Idea for anyone who cares.

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Boom Bach, Apr 7, 2011.

Hi, I'm new here so I don' want to be pushy or anything and correct me if I'm wrong but is there an area for writing and creating comics? I think that's almost a whole topic of it's own that may help this forum grow and prosper but that's my single opinion and just thought it should be stated, thanks for taking the time to read this.

2. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

If you start a comic thread I would be interested in joining in - I have two stories I think would work better as comics.

3. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

This has been raised before, and was met with a positive reaction. Daniel is really the person to talk about it to :)

4. aimi_aiko

aimi_aiko New Member

I'm up for it. I wouldn't necessarily use the word "comic" for what I like, I prefer Manga. But it is basically the same thing. I believe it would be pretty cool to turn some of my stories into mangas. Besides, I'm constantly announcing (out loud) what would be good for a manga scene. XD

5. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

they're included in the 'scripts' section, since they are basically scripts, not prose... so why should they need a separate section all their own?...

6. Boom Bach

Boom Bach New Member

mamamia
    I do write comics and scripts, ( one for my friends and another for a youtube channel) and can say from personal experience that they're in two totally different ball parks. But of course that's just me.

7. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

I agree Boom Bach - have just started with both but my stories that fall under comics would never works as scripts for play or TV and vice versa. I think Scripts is too broad anyway the techiques for stage and screen seem to be different. May change my mind next year lol just starting out.

8. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

of course they're a bit different, just as stage play, tv and film scripts are, but they still fit into the category of 'scripts' and not prose, as other fiction sections do...

so, if we don't need separate sections for stage play, tv and film scripts, why should we have one for comics?...