Tags:
  1. grayj0265

grayj0265 Member

Question [Solved] Revising Story

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by grayj0265, Aug 13, 2019.

I put a story on this site with the idea that I was going to get reviews (which I did and found very helpful.) and to make changes to the story based upon the feedback (which I am doing). (This wouldn't be needed if I knew how to write a sentence in the first place) There are three options, which each has their own pro and cons.

1. I edit my first thread that I made which. It keeps the work in one area, and keeps it clean. Problem I have is for those who already have posted, it makes them sound like a bunch of idiots, which I don't want to do. I have too much respect for you all to do that.

2. I keep the original work up, create a new post in that thread, and people can comment below. This makes the above comments still relevant, and people can look at the old work and now the new work, but now the work is in two different areas and it becomes a little messy

3. I can create a new thread, but is this spamming at this moment.

What I'm trying to do is improve my work without annoying everybody on here. If you have even a better suggestion, I will be happy to consider it.

2. RobinLC

RobinLC Active Member

I did edits and posted the updated work in the same thread. That way anyone who did comment can see what was changed. Though I don't believe anyone commented after my edit, so I'm not sure if those following the thread even paid attention.

3. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Hi grayj, thanks for asking. Mod hat on here, what you should do is post newer versions of your story in the same thread as the original. Don't edit the original post, but it is okay (and encouraged) to edit in a note at the top of your OP telling new readers where to find the newest version. For example:

The "first version" repeated is a standin for your original text.
    Please feel free to message me if you have any questions or problems, and best of luck with your story!

Shenanigator likes this.