1. NWilliams

NWilliams Active Member

Question Revision posting

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by NWilliams, Apr 29, 2022.

Moderators,

After posting a short story, Gunner Vance, I was 'prompted' by readers to continue the story. I have done so and am nearly ready to post the additions. However: It turns out there are some revisions to what was originally posted and the additional writing has driven the story length up significantly (5K to over 10K). Although I have read in this piece of the forum that (at least one) moderator prefers that story revisions are posted in a new thread.

So my overall questions are these:

Is it preferable to post longer stories in a new thread with a reference to it in the old thread?
    Is it better to put longer postings in a new thread so as not to confuse the readers?
    Is 10K pushing the limit of what you want posted on the forum?

I check the site multiple times a day and almost always find something new that piques my interest. In light of not wanting to offend/outrage/piss off any moderators, I wanted to make sure I do the right thing.

2. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

one thread per piece of writing, post revisions as a reply and edit the first post to say 'revision on # xx'

length wise we don't really mind - 10k is longer than most people are willing to critique (2-4k is the sweet spot) but thasts a matter of guidance rather than a rule

NWOPD likes this.
  3. NWilliams

NWilliams Active Member

Thanks Moose.

I will use the original thread, modify the OP as you suggest, and break up the re-posts into smaller chunks for easier reading and critiquing.