1. zilly

zilly New Member

Main Stream Sci-Fi

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by zilly, Mar 8, 2011.

Are there any sci-fi book series that are main stream? I'm not talking kinda-maybe-a-little-bit main stream. I'm talking Millennium Trilogy, His Dark Materials, Hunger Games, Percy Jackson main stream.

I know that I've heard of one that seemed like it could be a little bit big, but I've forgotten it. And, I'm sure there has to be at least one main stream sci-fi book series.

Thanks,

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Examples of mainstream SF would include (I think) Iain M Banks Culture series; Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern series; Orson Scott Card's Ender series.

Those are just a few ideas, but the best way to find out would be to go down to your local bookshop and see what is on the shelves (and also, mainstream doesn't necessarily mean good).

3. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

I would also make Arthur C Clarke mainstream, possibly Ray Bradbury. Then you have the books that have spun off from Dr Who, Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures, Star Wars, Star Trek etc

CS Lewis' Space Trilogy and his Dark Tower and other stories

Then you have those that combine Romance with SciFi those sell well.