Tags:
  1. Friedrich Kugelschreiber

Friedrich Kugelschreiber marshmallow Contributor

Hamster/Guinea Pig Names?

Discussion in 'Research' started by Friedrich Kugelschreiber, Jul 9, 2020.

I'm writing some Napoleonic era military fiction with guinea pigs for people, and I need your pet names. Thanks.

2. Laughing Rabbit

Laughing Rabbit Active Member

Most of my pets generally had/have human names. Just a few didn't: Tornado (cat), Twister (dog), Mask (dog), Caramel (rabbit)

Here are some ideas for guinea pig names: Sir Wiggle Wiskers, Madam Squeaker Squeakington, Sir Scamperly, Sir Eats-a-Lot, Madam Round Ears, Long-in-the-Tooth, Fur of Great Shine

Are your guinea pigs going to go to war with the rabbits who defeated Napoleon?

3. Friedrich Kugelschreiber

I should have tagged you, haha.
    I already have General Whiskers, but the rest of your names are invaluable; thanks.
    Not the specific Napoleonic era, but that vibe. I was confronted with the idea of guinea pigs in period uniforms and I couldn't help myself. You know, with a shako and everything, and a musket. Guinea pigs serving field guns, writing field orders, forming squares. So adorable.

Laughing Rabbit likes this.
  4. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

Nibbles.

Garlic.

Thompson.

Georgina.

Captain Dipshit (a favorite pet name of mine)

Senor Dildo.

Mary Ellen.

Squeaky.

Squawky (my Aunt has a duck named this... it walks around the house with a diaper... fucking surreal).

Pierre (it's Napoleonic, right?)

5. Friedrich Kugelschreiber

What?

6. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

Yeah, an indoor pet duck. It's in its nature to shit all over the place, so he wears a diaper. Seems to work out for everyone. Except the cat chases it around. Like I said: fucking surreal.

7. GraceLikePain

GraceLikePain Senior Member

Uh, the various rodents in my family were named Nibbles, Commodore, Little White Rat (dwarf hamster -- not actual rat), Cyrix, and Mr. Pigfield. At one point we accidentally ended up with hamster babies, and the cream and white ones were the fluffs, while the grey and white ones were the moos.

8. Steve Rivers

Steve Rivers Contributor Contributor

I wish I was brave enough to name a dog Dignity, just to purposefully lose him in the park and start shouting out "Where are you, Dignity? Dignity?! Has anyone seen my Dignity?"
    As for hamster names..

If its Napoleonic, then...er.
    Gasparde?
    Faustine
    Voltaire
    Joan of Arc -ing Hamster Wheel (Maybe not the last bit)
    King Louis the 69th if its a particular randy hamster
    Sir Nibbles-a-lot
    Dartagnan and his three Hamsterteers. The big joke being there's only two others. The other one died after an escape attempt and a cat called Cardinal Richelieu.
    Marie Hamstoinette. The big joke being her owner refuses to let her eat cake.

Err... I think that's it, all spent for ideas!