Role Play General Chat

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Raven, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Raven

Raven Banned

Sounds good. Create it then post it up.

2. adamant

adamant Contributor Contributor

I'm not sure how many people have heard of the game Shadow of the Colossus, but I feel that might be a subject that appeals to a lot of people. In the game, there is a guy on a mission to revive his girl that has been sacrificed due to villagers believing she was cursed. He turns to the aid of an oracle that will only help if he slays 16 colossi.

This would allow for some mystical creatures, horse riding, sword fighting, and the slaying of previously mentioned beasts.

Does anyone know of the game Okami? that could be quite interesting too. It's about a wolf (actually a god) that tries to rid a village of evil using elemental attacks that are performed by a giant paint brush in the sky (which could be translated to a ritual of some kind).

3. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Both sound pretty cool, but nope i've heard of neither. Try it out? :)

4. adamant

5. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

World War Z
    (Inspired by Max Brooks)

History
    The Beginning

The first recorded case of the zombie virus occurs in China, with the mysterious 12-year-old Patient Zero. When interviewed, the infected boy's mother stated that they had been pearl fishing, and he and his father had dove under the water. There was some sort of struggle, and a few minutes later the boy came up crying and with a bite mark on his ankle. The father was never seen again. The infection took hold of the boy quickly, and after he had bitten five others, the Chinese government intervened, hiding them- but making a horrible mistake, releasing the infection on an unsuspecting world.
    The plague spreads from China to much of Eastern Asia, due to the crowded living conditions, and after an infected stowaway successfully completes an intercontinental voyage by boat, South Africa becomes a hotbed for the disease. Soon it has spread up Africa, across England, into Asia, and is heading into America. Governments, when alerted of the threat of living dead, react poorly, dismissing it as not real or not important, or not educating the public. It has been hypothesized by historians that if only they were to give all the necessary information for survival to the unsuspecting public, the Great Panic could have been avoided. However, it was too late.

The Great Panic

The Great Panic, as most historians refer to it, was the period of worldwide, unbridled, mass hysteria once humanity came to grips with the reality of the problem facing them. It began truly when the disease and the "zombies" (As the public soon named the infected) started to overrun Europe and the Western Hemisphere. Refugees and illegal immigrants spread the infection as people fled their homes and brought the disease to new places. The undead began to outnumber the living in places like India and Africa. Because of the vast amount of denial in the USA, no American was really ready for the Great Invasion, when most of the undead started to walk. They weren't aware of the zombie threat until the undead were crashing through their suburban living room windows and going for their throats.
    Vast pilgrimages began from everywhere to anywhere, people more desperate to get away from then to get to. Thus, this was the quickest and most common period of infection.
    Many in North America attempted to migrate to northern Canada. However, no planned exodus was organized, other than news channels urging viewers to "Go North!". Many people who reached northern Canada were unprepared to camp there, and supplies ran low. Cannibalism occurred in several areas. Many had not expected the zombie crisis to last long when they left in mid-summer, and when the next winter hit (the worst on record, because of all of the particulate matter in the air from the fires of burning cities) large numbers were not prepared. An estimated 11 million people froze to death that first winter in North America alone.
    The peak of the Great Panic was the Battle Of Yonkers, where the U.S. military suffered a tremendous defeat in a highly televised battle against millions of zombies in Yonkers, New York, due to poor military planning. The catastrophe had devastating consequences for the morale of the public, and marked the end of a coherent American response for some time. Less than two weeks after Yonkers, the eastern United States were abandoned in a massive retreat by the military to establish a new defensive line at the Rocky Mountains.

Turning the Tide

This is where we join in. Of course, the entire history of the zombie war could be listed, but we are going to start halfway and learn things as we go along. This is the time when humanity starts to get a grip on sensibility and how to fight the undead threat. This is the time when defensive lines and survival plans were put out worldwide. This is the time when the Redeker Plan is introduced. This is the time of change.
    This is our time.

Concepts of the Zombie War

Zombies

Zombie. Undead. Living dead. Zack. Zedheads. All nicknames or official names given by humanity to these strange beings.
    The Zombie Infection, which started in China and quickly spread, is an incurable, highly infectious disease. When infected, a person feels no ill effects for several days until they suddenly drop dead, wherever they are and whatever they are doing. Investigations by medical experts have proved that during this time, the zombies are technically, and by all definitions, dead. Several hours later, they "reanimate" as walking dead, animated corpses with one goal only, to consume animal flesh and spread the infection.
    A zombie can be killed one way, and one way only, and that way is by destroying their brain. To rip off a zombie's limbs won't deter it in the least. Presented with loss of legs, it will fall to the ground and use its arms to drag itself along in search of feet or animals on the ground. This often made them more dangerous when visibility in low areas was dangerous, like in tall grass or rubble. To rip off its arms means it will rely more heavily on its gnashing teeth, and to rip of its head means its torso will fall lifeless, but the head will continue to roll around, bloodthirsty and an ultimately creepy sight. A zombie can survive the pressure of the entire ocean, as it has been known to walk across the sea floor simply to reach the nearest land and find more victims. A zombie can survive the freezing of all its cells and unfreezing, which is inevitably accompanied with the explosion and rupturing of their blood cells. (Zombies don't really have blood, just a signature viscous black goo.) Admittedly, when a zombie freezes, it can not move until the thaw (Which is why so many people ran north in the Great Panic), but once the Spring does hit, they're fully functioning. The bottom line is: A zombie can not be killed unless the brain is taken apart, be it by gunshot, bludgeoning, or cleaving.
    Zombies, however, lack many elementary skills. They do not think beyond finding and eating. They can not run, climb, strategize, stop their quest for sustenance, or feel any any any any any emotion whatsoever, a fact which confounded many humans desperate to find some sort of connection in these inhuman monsters, or to the military, who could not use the tactic of fear that they would have been able to use in any other war with humanity.

Other threats

There were other threats than zombies in World War Z. "Quislings" were humans who acted like zombies, hoping to fool the undead into thinking they were one of their brethren. Of course, this failed miserably, but the quislings soon convinced themselves that they too were zombies, suffering from an abnormally serious version of Stockholm Syndrome that ultimately pervaded and perverted the identity. The "quislings", while not spreaders of the zombie infection and easy to kill by means other than brain damage, are dangerous because like zombies they feel no emotion about killing humans, and bite anyone they see.
    Feral children were very young human children who lost their parents during the zombie war and grew up by themselves, uncivilized beast-children who, in order to survive the zombie outbreak, always went with the "fight" of their flight and fight reflexes, even when presented with humans trying to help. This happened with animals, too.
    There were also the SSers (Sole Survivalists, or LAMOES, as the army named them- standing for "Last Man On Earth Syndrome,") who tended to live by their own in their hometowns, believing they were the only people who had survived the zombie war and that all other humans were zombie threats, having deluded themselves into thinking the world, as it were, centered around them. When military forces searching for survivors entered towns populated by the SSers, they were often killed in booby traps lade down by the paranoid survivors, or attacked by the survivors themselves.

As the game and the war goes on, more info will be given about subjects such as the Redeker Plan and its counterparts (The strategy that provided hope for humanity- at a terrible price), the Lobo and other weapons, and the states of various countries as you travel through them. As you fight zombies, be it as a civilian, a military official, or some other class, you will travel across the world and see how everything, from the Northern Circle to Los Angeles, from the castles of Europe to the high rises of Japan, from the submarines of the ocean to the International Space Station, have been affected by the virus, with up-to-the-minute news on the war and ideas from the war being presented in the form of GM-given dispatches. For total in-depth knowledge (Or, to be absolutely honest, a really great read), read the book World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks, available at your local library or bookstore.

So.
    There's a zombie RPG for you.
    Yeah.

6. Alice in Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland New Member

I posted my roleplay and it said it needed to be aproved... I hope you guys got it because I foolishly didn't save what I typed. ._.

7. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

Unless its The Grand Escape theres nothing in the thread.

8. Alice in Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland New Member

That's it. D=

9. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Can I just ask how many RPG's there are now? I have seen a few now, but how many more are going to be put up for the time being?

10. Raven

Raven Banned

Well Im hoping members willbegin playing the ones with enough members now.;)

11. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

Its good to see the interaction in Space Station Orion 66 – XII I almost wish Id signed up to play.

12. Kit

Lol I like reading them :p not one for playing so much but i've always read them.

13. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

I'm having heaps of fun although I've never really played before, perhaps a couple of posts but thats it.
    I just gotta stop being impatiant.. it might get me killed off!

14. Kit

Lol! Its nice to see people enjoying it though and getting so much into their character.

15. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Ha! I hadn't written much in a while but I'm enjoying this, it's gettign me back into writing.

16. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

I want to kill something....

17. Kit

I rather hope you mean in the RPG. You're enjoying it too then? lol

18. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

haunter you can still join in if you want to...it is fun my first time in ages with such a unrestricted rpg hey. The only ones I as involved in were strict to time frames and yeah i gave up hey.

This one is fun loll you should ask raven if you can still join Haunter.

19. Raven

Raven Banned

Just a quick Not Red writing means things are happening that we all need to take note of.

Like narration or something. look out for some. The games gonna get a whole lot darker. ;)

20. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Yeah... In the RPG... That's what I meant...

Lol, and yeah, I am. The urge to resist shooting Raven was almost irresistable, though.

21. Raven

Raven Banned

Also red writing will discribe what the Aliens are doing. And various other little surprises.

I have to admit I usually take the role of GM (Games Master - narrator) But this spcae station one has really taken off. ;)

22. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Bad Banzai! and Raven.. be nice to us! please! can I at least have my torch with me!? and can I go down and pester Torana!?!

23. Raven

Raven Banned

LOL we will all get our chances of betrayal. Well you lot will lol since the colonel is the colonel lol. wait to see the next surprise. gonna be fast and furious. Muah hahahahahaha

24. Raven

Raven Banned

lol.

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!

25. adamant

You no longer need a torch...