Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by losthawken, Aug 15, 2013.
One ticket for the train, please.
Here ya go, handsome fella.
Just waitin for a few more responses lol.
I might be interested.
Ok two passengers so far. Traffic is slow here it seems.
Well, you also have to realize most people haven't checked out the RPG thread for a while now since it's been dead for so long. If you really want to revive it, you and the moderator probably have to advertise life is coming back to it again. Otherwise, most anyone who ever scrolls by the main page wont notice this section has new posts until maybe a week or so from now.
That rings true. We could just do an rp the three of us, if y'all wouldn't mind. I wouldn't care. And since it's a train roleplay anyone could join at a later time and board the train at a different stop, lol.
I'm sure if it got going others would join. Much easier to grab players when you're the only game on the field.
Sounds like a plan. I'll refine my first draft and try to get it posted today, knock on wood!!
Well, I'm new to the site and interested, but not new to RPing. I stumbled across this place whilst scoping out potential RP sites and was a little disappointed to find most posts were dated years ago. I wouldn't mind jumping on board with this one.
I'm sure a stop will coming up in not too long and you can hop aboard.
Anybody else hopping on at this stop?
I'm done with the background material on my rpg
The basic story you need to know goes like this: The world once was torn apart by an evil dragon. Two good dragons bound the shards of the world around the soul of an unhatched dragon baby (whose egg was destroyed by the bad dragon).
The soul of the dragon keeps magic alive in the Broken World massively influencing all live as the magic basically keeps the shards together and in a stable form, so that live, atmosphere etc, becomes possible.
However the dragon-soul seems to die, it's magic is lessening ever more each day.
Genre: Fantasy, Adventure
Time/Worldstyle: High Fantasy
Preset Plotline: Can the players save the dragon-soul?
This is however not necessarily the only plot line possible. So far I've played it almost completely open, throwing in random characters and we waited how it turned out.
Players: the more the better
Status: open world - feel free to contribute
multiple characters: allowed
character limitations: no charas of actual power, e.g. no ruling kings, captains of armies etc. Magical characters are allowed, no OPs
Seriously, I've been through this roleplay busting up because there were overpowered charas. It just sucks.
content restrictions: according to forum rules: no hard R, erotica or else.
No Go's: this is supposed to be an adventure - so don't start a war. I will kick you out of the rpg for it.
I have a short summary on the world itself t give you a better feeling for the world. You can find and read it here
... should be mentioned, I guess.
- As said above, we'll stay within froum rules, so please mind you're language
- also: no personal attacks in the discussion, please.
- Nothing leaves the rpg, nothing gets in: keep yur private conflicts out and please don't see potential conflicts between charas as a conflict between players. It's just a game.
- Don't block the game. I get we all have bad days, but don't let you chara just block every action because you feel like letting off steam. That's something I won't tolerate.
- You can't move other players charas. This is literally. Don't try stuff like "I pushed A aside, swiftly moving through the door." A needs a chance to move and intervene.
- If you wish to do something without other charas interfering, please talk about that in the discussion...
- Don't gang up on other players - sad I have to mention but last time I didn't and it sucked. If you have a problem: talk about it, in a constructive discussion.
- No off-topics. This is forum rule but I will repeat it: don't talm off topic in the role play. Not in headlines, marked by format, or else. It's annoying and distracting to some people, plus it's really freaking me out when people are so busy talking in the headlines they forget to post an rpg text.
- You're allowed to mention players names with @... as long as it's not a daily occurence. It's okay if your charas start out or are in situations were only one can replie and forgets you, stuff like that.
- Read other peoples posts - read them with attention and keep them in reach. There's something annoying about charas that constantly seem to babble random or have to be talked to specially because they just seem to miss half of the story so far.
- As I've mentioned before: this is an adventure and I will not accept people trying to start a war or trying to turn this into a soap opera etc.
- You can have as many characters as you like but please keep in mind that having to many may become hard to manage and confusing
- I don't accept overpowered Characters, that's why I do want to take a look at them before they actually get game.
- Change of day is something we'll organise in the discussion - no automatic changes. Everbody has a chance to finish his charas.
Are CSes on the way or do you just need the basic information of name, background, abilities, personality, etc?
I've prepared CSes already
I can send you one via PN, I'd really just like to see beforehand wether there's any OP chara. Talk that over before I have to deal with it in the orga, causing chaos. (also because like that I can add charas sorted by player so it'll look a bit more sorted )
I will send you a link to the Traveller's Guide first, please read it and keep it at hand. I might add ro it if we stumble across anything missing, but it should do to give you the first impressions of the world.
Cool, shoot me a line
On it's way. CS follows, preformatted, if I can
Send me one too.
I'm new here and trying to feel my way out around here. I started mainly in RPGs but not on a forum. I'm highly interested but would appreciate any guidance in how exactly it works on here and just any information at all in the area.
Have you read the FAQ and Guidelines for RPG?
You can find probably many answers to your questions in there. https://www.writingforums.org/threads/role-play-forum-welcome-and-rules.51987/
Other than that it depends upon the rpg, so do read the first posts that mentions stroy, plotline and individual rules.
Edit: you may specifically ask the role play manager of the indiviual role play for further information
This is a fairly dead section of the forum, but a few of us would like to see it revived. If you would like to join the one @SpokenSilence is currently putting together, ask him for character sheets. His points above are spot on, so listen to those first and read the rules section which he attached.
Otherwise, you're welcome to start your own. I'll join most likely. If you start a one-on-one I'll be around as well. Those are always preferable to me.
due to some private issues (again sighs) I'm unfortunately forced to announce that I'll have to postpone my rpg.
I'm really sorry abou this but I just can't make time for anything like roleplaying right now.
No worries, actually maybe even a bit of relief. I have a difficult Shakespeare course this month, and it's NaNoWriMo, which I'm participating in, AND I have my full-time job which is extremely complicated. I'm pretty much too spent to really even be on this site for most of November, let alone do an RPG. Maybe at the beginning of next year would be a good time.
Hopefully I'll get back as soon as I have time for it.
Separate names with a comma.