Role Play 'Kickstarter'

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by losthawken, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

Lol...It might seem boring and predictable, but I would definitely play a Warlock. I think I would have fun with an underpowered magic-user, or rather a magic-user whose powers are only useful in certain situations. Im getting all excited now...haha.

2. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

lol, well LtW already sent in her char (@Love to Write you may need to edit your CS, srry) so if you want to make one go ahead, but I'd like to remind you this game is aimed at creatures of the animal-type variety, but humanoids are allowed.

3. Cynglen

Cynglen Member

Very interesting, Keit. I've never done an animal-type RP, but sounds like a great chance to stretch my literary chops. Glad I've got plenty of freetime after Christmas :)

4. Keitsumah

wow so many people lol! Okay, this is definetly going up after Christmas!

5. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

Hehe, I can't wait to introduce Parching the Warlock to everyone. ;)

6. BrandonrockstheAM

BrandonrockstheAM Active Member

Okay, so this is an idea I have for a roleplay. Being bored for the first few days of Christmas vacation, I've been working on this. I have absolutely no idea if I'm actually going to do it or not, since I have no idea how busy things will be once school starts up once again, but I'll post it here. Tell me if it sounds good/would you join/suggestions, etc.

Masters of Men

Story:
    Long ago, a mysterious godlike mass of pure energy later named Mary, created the universe. This universe, named the Mono-verse, was filled with planets that could sustain life, as Mary, thought that it would be interesting to see how the different species reacted with one another. On each planet grew many different species of intelligent life. These planets flourished, with their many life forms interacting together to produce technology to improve themselves. Then, after many eons, these species grew advanced enough to travel into space. This, was the turning point of the universe, for the intelligent life, like all others, were greedy. Inter-galaxy wars occurred frequently, and many planets were destroyed and ruined. Mary was disappointed in the universe she had created, had dismissed it as a folly to make so many life-sustaining planets. She destroyed the universe without so much as a second thought, creating the big bang. However, this took up most of her energy, which, unlike one would expect, was not infinite.
    The big bang destroyed all life, except for a few bacteria that had survived miraculously on an asteroid. The remnants of the big bang eventually came together to form galaxies and solar systems, which Mary called the Diverse. Eventually, after eons of waiting and sapping energy from various stars around the universe, Mary watched as the human race evolved to be upon planet Earth. They were the most advanced creatures she had ever seen, with the most interesting things that happened in their day-to-day life. Some believed in a god, some believed only in the realm of science, some a strange mixture of both. For the first time, Mary had hope for a civilization. She moved to the planet, and looked deeper into the human society, and found more than she bargained for. She found corruption, crime, and hatred enough to make even her shiver. On that alone, she decided that intelligent life was evil, and was not to exist. Still recovering from the sapped energy that the big bang had taken from her, she decided on a plan to kill all the humans on the planet that would require the least energy.
    Mary gave a small portion of her energy to 100 humans around the world, and gave them a message in their language. They would, in return for this power, be given a mission: to kill all humans. She put in a little extra energy to give them a sense of submission to a greater being, to make them feel like they'd just gotten a message from god. Using just a little more energy, she promised them that they would become a gods in her place if they were the only survivors. She thought that these humans would follow her orders, being the despicable things they are. However, she underestimated the good will of some particular humans...

Any humans with powers who survive, will not become a god. This is a hollow promise made by Mary, as she does not have the power to do this, nor would she want to. However, none of the characters will ever know that until the very end, if the world ever reaches that point. Depending on the RP, the ending could be one of many.

Setting:
    The setting is the current world of 2014(Fast forward a couple days, heh), on planet Earth.

Sides:
    In this roleplay, there are two sides your character can be on. Either they can be part of the Pro-Mary bandwagon, or Pro-Human group. Pro-Mary is a term used by me to describe those who wish to do Mary's bidding whatever the reason is, whether it be because they are devoted to god, or because some shopkeeper sold them a rotten banana, doesn't matter. Pro-humans are people who refuse to do Mary's bidding, for whatever reason, whether it be because they're neutral about the whole thing, or because they hate god. Mary doesn't have that much power, so she can't influence people, so the Pro-humans aren't actually under any sort of threat, although that can be a reason. Also, during roleplay, characters can and probably will change, so the sides are not definite for the whole game. This is for what your character thinks at the beginning. Also, please explain the reason for why your character is on a particular side.

Powers:
    Since Mary only invested a little bit of power into each of the 100 people, no one has any particularly powerful powers. Powerful powers, like Orlando's, have many drawbacks. The weak and seemingly useless ones might have a few benefits. These powers can be absolutely anything in your imagination, just make sure it ties in with the character well. It would be a good idea to make sure that your power can kill or at least help your character kill other people. Again, no powers can be too powerful, and you can only have 1 power. If you have any questions, PM me(Start a conversation with me), and I'll do my best to answer your questions/resolve any misconceptions you may have.

Combat:
    Since this RP involves a lot of forumers attacking each other, combat between them won't, for the most part, be centered around luck. Factors that must be taken into account in a fight are: The fighters' powers, the fighters' mental states, the fighters' environments and their knowledge of it, the fighters' natural intellect/physical prowess, and the tools the fighters possess. All details and arguments will be discussed between the two fighters and myself, and collaboration posts are allowed and encouraged. Anything in the fight that involves luck will be decided via die that I will roll myself, being the unbiased spectator that I am.

Characters:
    This roleplay is very centered around characters, so I recommend you put some thought into your character. Relationships between two characters are allowed, and interactions and backstory shared between two player-controlled characters are also allowed and encouraged. Even temporary/permanent partnerships are allowed; however, don't be surprised if other player characters and characters controlled by me decide to attack you more often. Characters will begin in different places around the world. These places can be fictional, as long as you can tell me approximately where on the planet they are. Also, in the discussion thread, feel free to plan out how two characters will meet. However, don't spoil anything too good; keep that in PMs between both parties.

WARNING: Your characters will die. If you ask nicely, I might allow you to introduce another character if your first character died. I can do this easily, since we can just say that this character has been away from the main conflicts of the story so far. I will be keeping track of how many out of the 100 people have been introduced.

As a note, I plan on having around 10-15 people who I will be controlling exclusively throughout the story which will be interacting with your characters as I see fit. These interactions may be your character's first battle between them and another "power". I do not plan on having any of them survive till the end

As examples, here I post 2 different characters out of the 5 I have created so far that will be in the story:

Rules:
    Same as any other good RP. No god-modding, rude remarks, or randomness. Aside from that, have fun!

Here is the template, PM it to me to get it approved:

Name:
    Appearance:
    Background/History & it's influence on the character:
    Personality:
    Side:
    Power:
    Location/Starting point:
    Additional Information(Optional):

7. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

Is Curse Town USA still going to happen?

8. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

You've got a good start. However as an avid roleplayer here, I have some suggestions you might find useful.

1)Join a current roleplay and stick with it for as long as it goes. This will build cred among us regulars here and we'll be more likely to join your game once we see your level of commitment and role-play skills. It will also give you an idea of our style of role play as there are many styles.

2)Put some more thought into the story line that the characters will be interacting with. Sandbox/character centered roleplays never last long as people get bored/don't know what to do since there is no true storyline. You need a story; a path for the characters to follow. What leads them to the ending? Don't tell us, but know what it is so you can guide the writers appropriately.

3) It's ok to have a couple endings in mind depending on what the characters do. But you need to have an ending...or you won't know how to guide the characters toward that ending.

Those are just a few of the major things. Hope it helps. See you 'round the forum.
    ~LTW

9. BrandonrockstheAM

Yeah, this was just an idea that I had. I didn't actually know if I was ever going to do it. I'm trying to get into more roleplays, but most of them aren't that active/are too far in to accept new members/have hosts that take a long time to view my requests to join their RPs. So, I kind of made my own hastily and completely out of boredom without putting too much thought into it. Heh, it seems I'm not as patient as I thought I was. I might modify this when I'm further down the road to have an actual path to follow, but for now, I'm putting this away. Thanks for the feedback!

10. Keitsumah

@BrandonrockstheAM I will be putting up an RP here soon -and everyone here is pretty familiar with the fact that i am a pretty loose GM, although i would like it if everyone tried to follow the rules.

Love to Write likes this.
  11. BrandonrockstheAM

@Keitsumah Thanks, I'll check it out when you put it up! Also, I'm fine if the RP has lots of rules and is strict. I'll always try to follow whatever guidelines are in place. I already learned that lesson with the first RP I tried to join. :p I posted on the main RP topic, not the discussion, before getting my character approved or anything. In short, it caused a gaggle of things to happen, and my character is still pending. Anyway, I'm part of one RP, and I'm waiting for a character to be approved in another.

EDIT: I checked out your earlier post about the RP, and it sounds like fun. That page about the different mythical creatures was especially interesting, so thanks for that. I'll definitely join when you post it!

12. Love to Write

Can't wait Keit!!

13. Keitsumah

lol, i guess ill put it up now so peeps can get started putting their char sheets up

(and @BrandonrockstheAM - I posted my char sheet my first time playing a game as well lol -though the GM never corrected me on it and i figured it out on my own. I don't mind if it happens because usually its a new player, but since you are familliar with that then you'll see why there are two separate threads lol)

14. Love to Write

YES!!!!!!!!

15. Love to Write

:( Where's the Rp, Keit!? Where' the RP??

16. Keitsumah

i posted it two days ago! -Lost must be doing something.

@losthawken *poke*

17. Love to Write

according to his profile he hasn't logged on since tuesday.

18. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

Don't you people do holidays? ;) I was out of town, sorry for the delay. Feel free to tag or PM me if I don't catch something like that right away. Also, remind me if your RP has been in the Kickstarter, I'll go easier on it if its already had 'eyes' on it. Get playing already!

19. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Anybody up for some gang warfare?

Into the hood

Story
    It is the year 2053. Human augmentation has just started to gather pace. Unbeknownst to the general public large corperations are starting to develop drugs and parts that enhance people beyond what humans are normally capable of. It started with organs, a new robotic heart to replace the old one, some pills to help get over a broken leg. Then people started going further. A robotic heart that was twice as efficient, pills that stop the leg ever breaking. They keep the developments top secret for fear of any outcry. Only the richest are able to afford any of their prototypes.

Or they were.

On february 1st 2053 a group stole 3 of the major corperations blueprints along with test batches of various drugs. They copied the blue prints, spreading them as widely as possibly. The pills were dumped into ghettos for the gangs to get hold of.

The city changed over the next few months. By reverse engineering the drugs some of the smarter gangs were able to make their own verions of the drugs. Gang war evolved overnight. The drugs were only temporary and less effective than the originals but that was all they needed. Forced in to a corner the police were given their own augmentations to combat them. Responding with zero tolerance they sent the gangs into hiding.

The Game
    This is a Third-Person narrative story. Your starting place will depend on your character. The story will be set in the south east area of London revolving around the ghettos where the drugs where dumped (Peckham primarily) and other locations. Police will be aiming to capture / take out the gangs while gang members will be doing various things to aid their agendas. You may choose a class from the following.

Classess
    Human - Not a drug user or augmented (you may become so later if you wish).

Cyborg - Refered to as 'Rusties" or "Tin men". Gangs able to gain access to the parts needed fashioned their own augmentations. These include things like a body part being replaced (arm, leg etc), additions to their brain (built in radio, heat vision etc) or you may make your own up (keep it fair). While they can use them most cyborgs don't bother with drugs.

Drug user - Refered to by the drug they use.
    Player Drugs:
    Trolls - Use a drug known as Tr01L. Drug increases muscle mass 200-500% depending on the batch. Side effects include reduced cognitive ability, weight loss and possible muscle damage when the effects wear off.
    Witch - Use a drug known as W1Tc4. Drug increases senses by 300% or more if the batch is good. Side effects include hardened nails, tightening of vocal cords and wrinkling. Also the only drug known to be smoked.
    Wolf - Use a drug known as W01f. Drug increases speed 200-500% depending on the batch. Side effects include increased appettie and hair growth.
    Dragon - Use a drug known as Dr4G0N. Drug allows use to breath clouds of heat. One of the harder drugs to get right most Dr4G0N users can only melt through thin metals. They are still capable of burning a human. Side effects include burns, increased thirst and fainting.
    Ghost - Use a drug known as GH05T. Drug causes user to produce pheremones that increase the blind spot of anyone in their vicinity effectively making them invisible. Doesn't affect cameras. Side effects include pale skin and possible alergic reactions.
    Siren - Use a drug known as S1r3N. Drug causes user to release pheremones that produce a highly suggestible state in those around them. Side effects include hearing voices and paranoia.
    Vampire - Drug known as V4MP1R3. Drug causes user to rapidly produce antibodies or repair wounds. Requires blood to function. If the wound is to sever the user will die from blood loss. This has resulted in users drinking blood to power it. Side effects include low melatonin count and alergy to UV.

Non-player drugs:
    Pixie - Use a drug known as P1X13. One of the newer drugs. Test so far have shown the drugs adapts to the situation it is used in.
    Skeleton - Use a drug known as SK313T0N. Drug suspends all processes in the body, effectively putting it into suspended animation. Any damage caused to the body will do nothing until the drug wears off. The drug with the highest fatality rate due to improper useage.

Mixing:
    Mixing drugs is possible but avoided due to the decrease in effect and duration. It is also increases the strain on the body giving it a moderate mortality rate. Anything above two drugs is fatal.

Ingestion methods:
    Inhaling - Instant acting, weak effect and medium duration. Administered via an inhaler device that takes canisters.
    Swallowing - Slow acting, medium effect and long duration. Comes in the form of pills.
    'Watches' (Injecting) - Fast acting, strong effect and short duration. Called so because doses are held in a device on the wrist.
    Permi - The name given to users who, through and unknown method, have aquired a lessened version of their drug permanently. No players will start with this.

Your character may use which ever method you want but will be carry a max of 3 uses (or a combination of 2). Characters using dragon will have 2 max.

Factions

Corp - Private soldiers hired by the corperations to investigate the drug leak to the ghetto. As they aren't official they are not friends with the gangs or the police.

Gangs:
    Red hoods - A gang from east of Peckam. Control Woodpecker estate. A matriarchal led by 'Grandma' a Witch user and resourceful leader. The Red hoods are the most organised of the gangs.
    G brothers - One of the two major gangs in Peckam. At war with the 3Bs for dominance. There group is also victim of in-fighting with one of Jacob's lieutenants rumoured to be planning a coup. They control the south side. Led by Jacob a Troll user and funded by a shadow partner.
    3Bs - One of the two major gangs in Peckam. At war with the G brothers for dominance. They control the north. Recognised by their use of animal masks. Led by a tribunal of unknown leaders.
    D7 - North east of Peckam and looking to muscle in. Rumoured to be in talks with the corps. Their leader is 'Snowy' a ghost user.

Police - Detectives are normally used unless backup is called. Your character will be either a new or old detective. The leader of the anti-gang devision is commissioner Rufus.

Explorer - For anyone who doesn't want to be corp or gang. It just means your on your own and can start wherever, you'll still end up in the same place though. Your character will probably be someone from outside the ghettos that's curious (like a journalist) or wants drugs.

Combat
    Player versus player combat (PvP) is going to happen at some point. In the event of this try to collaborate on one post via pm to make it flow better. PvP combat is handled by writing out your characters attacks and reactions to your opponent. To win you have to logically write your opponent into a position where they either have to retreat or surrender - we'll leave killing for now.

--------------------------

Rules

1. No controlling others' characters, unless given special permission.

2. No invincibility.

3. Only join if you intend to write. If you have to leave, or if you fail to write, your character will be eaten horribly, or turned it into an NPC.

4. Communicate with one another. If you're going to do something unexpected, PM me first.

5. Don't spam with posts, or make them too long. (I had a problem with overtly long posts in my last RPG which didn't go so well. I plan not to make that error again.) Roughly 100-500 words will do per post.

6. Please stay up to date with posts, and read the discussion thread.

7. My word is law.

Your Character

Prior to posting a character, PM me your idea first.

Here's the template.

Name:
    Class:

Appearance(Picture is ok):

Clothing/Equipment/Abilities:

Short Bio:

Personality:

Miscellaneous info:

20. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

Sold. Where do I sign up?

21. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

I'll post it up shortly along with a discussion.

22. Razzles

Razzles Active Member

Spirits of the Forest.

Story

Our land once was a happy place, filled with peace and tranquility, where the spirits and satyrs lived freely in the light, with nothing to trouble their innocent and pure minds.

Until man came.

Man came to pollute the forest air, cut down the trees and clog the streams with their foul waste. The remaining spirits and satyrs hid in the heart of the forest, the dryads carefully moving the living trees closer to their hiding place, the naiads steering the streams away from the human camps and the air spirits bringing the clean air away from the men. The satyrs led the men into the forests, playing music on their pipes that was so beautiful the men who heard it couldn't resist following it, then playing music that drove the men mad.

And so they lived, fearful and watchful at all times, in the one place in the whole land that was safe for them, every day thinking of the days when they were free from man.

The game starts with the birth of three new spirits, Bavol the wind spirit, Adoette the dryad, and Binda the naiad. These three spirits encourage the other spirits to follow them in an attempt to take back the forest, to fight man and drive them out of the land. It is up to you whether your char listens to them or not. Not all the spirits do.

Classes
    Dryad: The dryads are the spirits of a tree, and their personality depends partially on what kind of tree/shrub they are. For example, if there was a dryad who was a thorny bush they would have quite a 'prickly' temper. When they move, they become humanoid creatures, though they might still have a tree-ish appearance with branches for hair or something. When they will it to happen, they become the type of tree they were born from. The dryads can control the type of tree they were born from, making it grow faster or move.

Naiad: The naiads are the spirits of the water, and just like the dryads, their personality can depend on what body of water they were born from, like if there was a naiad from a large, calm lake, they would be placid and calm, unlike a naiad who was born from a quick flowing brook, who would be hasty and always jumping head first into matters without properly considering them. When a part of the spirit goes under water, it will take on a watery form which things can pass through, and is practically invisible when in water. They can also control bodies of water that are close to them.

Cloud spirits: These spirits occupy a certain type of cloud (eg. thunder cloud) and can control it. They are also the only spirits that can fly by controlling the winds. They can become a cloud themselves if they want to, and the cloud will be the type of cloud they were born from. Like the other spirits, their personality depends on what type of cloud they were born from. These spirits can create storms whenever they want to, though they sometimes do it by accident when they are angry.

Satyrs: The satyrs (half goat half person) are always male, and love nature. Every satyr carry's around a set of wooden pipes, and can learn songs on them that have strange affects on plants and creatures. They can generally run faster than humans or spirits but have no powers over nature except for the limited reactions their pipe music has over plants.

Humans: The humans are a more violent race than the spirits, and see nothing wrong in destroying parts of the forest. They aren't all for destroying the forests, though. Some of them try to preserve the trees and streams, though there are not many humans like this. The humans are better in combat than the spirits, but don't have any powers over nature.

Combat
    Players are not allowed to directly harm other players unless they have special permission. The players can harm/kill NPCs without permission, though.

Rules
    1. No god-moding.
    2. If you have gone too long without writing, your char will be removed from the game. If you have been waiting for a while for an absent player to post, PM me, and I will see what I can do.
    3. No insulting other people's work.
    4. GMs word is law.
    5. Keep cussing to a minimum.
    6. Remember to check discussion thread.

Character sheet

Before posting PM me your character sheet to be approved.

Name:
    Appearance:
    History:
    Personality:
    Additional info:

23. Simpson17866

Would anybody be interested in vampires?

Scream of The Banshee

Humanity, the apex predator of the Earth, wants to believe that it is the only sentient species on the planet. Those of other sentient species want humanity to believe so too.

Hidden from mortal governments, The Holy Order of the Shepherds of Eden is the greatest of the supernatural peacekeeping forces. They protect non-human communities from the most dangerous sociopaths within the communities (known as “demons” even by those of their own species); they keep different non-human communities safe from the prospect of war with each other; and they keep the mortal world safe from all of the above.

Today, the greatest threats facing the Shepherds and their charges are vampires: a sentient plague created by necromancers almost 300 years ago.

--

In the mortal world, the city of Greenwich, Colorado is only now leaving the shadow of an ongoing State of Emergency. The people have endured a month of increased police, military, and community watch presence following the – as yet unsolved – shooting/bombing of John Brown University, rattled by the unheard-of quantity of firearms, explosives fragments, and melee weapons recovered at the school. A delivery truck had also been left on the school grounds; it belonged to a local home-improvement store but was discovered full of packages designed to hide weapons, revealing the existence of a massive crime syndicate that had been using the store for illegal arms dealing.

What the police do not know is that most of the weaponry did not come from outside the school.

--

In the supernatural world, a vampire lord known only as “The Banshee” has spent the last month building an army with the sole purpose of destroying the Shepherds. After stealing a large shipment of weapons from a supernatural crime syndicate, she single-handedly destroyed a Shepherd base disguised as a civilian university, and has only continued to escalate her violence in the theatres further away from the public eye. The campaigns of The Banshee and her legion have terrified even the demon gangs that seek more tangible rewards for their cruelty, and many of them could be persuaded to side against her in exchange for the right promises of safety.

--

Rules:

*If you don’t know whether your idea will break the rules, then you should ask first (preferably in the OOC thread).

If you have a cool idea that might bend/break one of the rules, then you should ask first instead of assuming that the answer would be “Yes,” but likewise you should ask instead of assuming that the answer would be “No.”

*Nobody will be allowed to contradict the story that has already been established.

I am going to give the other writers more control over the plot than I have been seeing in a lot of other games, and anybody can discuss – in PMs or the OOC thread – their ideas for adding to the story. However, once something has been written IC, it has been set in stone. If you start changing the premises that other writers have been basing their own content on, then they can’t come up with their own content for fear that you will ret-con it out at some future point.

*Nobody will be allowed to hurt/control another writer’s character(s) without asking first.

*Nobody, however powerful, will be allowed to auto-win conflicts.

… Except for The Banshee. If The Banshee gets personally involved in a particular scene, and we do not seem to be ending the story anytime soon, then she is going win. If you want to get a face-to-face scene with The Banshee, and you do not already serve her, then you can absolutely decide whether to get a heroic death scene, a desperate escape scene, a depressing capture/enslavement scene, and/or a villainous recruitment scene.

An action scene is where you want the heroes to fight because you want them to win, and a horror scene is where you don’t want the heroes to fight because you don’t want them too lose. If your character is up against any other antagonist, then it might either be an action scene or a horror scene depending on the circumstances. If your character is up against The Banshee, then it will be a horror scene, and a mixed victory – one very strongly in her favor – is the best that you can reasonably expect until closer to the end of the story.

*No characters start out knowing who The Banshee had been as a human.

Requests:

*If you want to request one of the NPCs listed below, as opposed to coming up with your own character from scratch, then I ask that you already have an idea for adding something to what I’ve come up with.

*I ask that you be willing to come up with your own side-plot(s), rather than simply not posting, if you are bored by the direction that everybody else is taking the main-plot(s).

--

Characters (so far):

Non-humans: Fortunately or not, the vast majority of non-humans are morally comparable to the vast majority of humans.

Werewolves and vampires are the most common of the non-human species – as they spread infectiously rather than reproductively – and are therefor the two that even civilians would be readily familiar with (albeit as allegedly fictional).

Werewolves: cursed to transform into predatory beasts on full moons, those who are supported by friends/family will experience little to no change in human personality after being turned.

Vampires: undead mockeries of human life. Humans who are turned become psychically re-wired to view mortals primarily as inferior prey rather than as former brethren, and the vast majority of them are unable to resist their new instincts.

Werewolf/vampire hybrids: 1) Werewolves cannot turn vampires into werewolves. 2) Vampires who turn human-werewolves create normal vampires that cannot assume wolf form. 3) In the underworld’s rumors, vampires who turn wolf-werewolves are said to create animalistic hybrids known as “pire wolves.” Supposedly, these “boogeyman’s boogeymen” never regain human form or intelligence, and never leave enough of a corpse for their victims to wake up as vampires.

The Holy Order of the Shepherds of Eden: a worldwide brotherhood of all known species, they are the closest that the supernatural world has to a comprehensive police force.

As a whole, the Shepherds are predominantly human, but only because the world in general is predominantly human; the Shepherds protect the good and the innocent of any species, rather than the humans of any moral standing.

Conscriberes: new initiates to the Shepherds who are still being trained to defend themselves against the forces of darkness. Neither the Knights nor the Witches/Warlocks at this level have very much power to speak of.

Praetorians: Shepherds who have completed enough training to be sent on combat missions.

Praetorian Knights, who trained for primarily mundane combat, are physically comparable to the soldiers in most nations’ armed forces. Praetorian Witches/Warlocks, who trained for primarily arcane combat, are capable of impressive but not awe-inspiring shows of mystical power.

Paladins: the rarest and most exalted of the Shepherd warriors, they have subjected themselves the Order’s most demanding rituals in order to battle evil on a superhuman level. Paladin Knights are physically as far above most nations’ soldiers as those same soldiers are above civilians, and Paladin Witches/Warlocks are essentially the arch-mages of myth and literature.

--

Player Characters:

Name: ___

Species, Age, Appearance: ___

Skills, Powers: ___

Personality, Morality: ___

Loyalties, Hostilities: ___

Other: ___

--

NPCs (so far):

*All ages on this list are rounded to the nearest 5 years, and might or might not be made more specific in the actual story.

The Banshee: a former Paladin Knight of the Shepherds, Karen Lorraine became the first Paladin in history to be turned by a vampire in the line of duty. Her first sight upon waking was of her human girlfriend – another Paladin Knight named Bethany Fleming – preparing to dig an ax into her neck. The fight ended with the vampire as the survivor, now calling herself “The Banshee” and devoting her un-life to seeking vengeance against the Shepherds for “forcing” her and Bethany to try to kill each other.

A vampire is stronger than a human, and a human who endured the Paladin Knight rituals is even stronger than a vampire (who, fortunately, cannot perform the rituals). The Banshee is the world’s only vampire to have already endured the rituals as a human, and she is impossibly strong by all others’ standards.

She is in constant pain from the elaborate crucifix that Bethany had tattooed on her back when they were both Conscriberes, but she refuses to have the ink removed in any way, as much for Bethany’s own memory as for the combat advantage (she fights extra ferociously due to the constant adrenaline; she has developed a tolerance for pain and even crosses through constant exposure; and her enemies get scared by smelling her skin burn).

Age: 25 (has been a vampire for less than a month), and Bethany had been about the same.

“Cyrus”: the former leader of a vampire pack, he is now a lieutenant of The Banshee after pledging his followers’ service in her army to keep her from killing them as an example to other resistors. Age: chronologically 100, biologically 35.

Marko McClintock: a sadistic serial killer even as a human, he is not as afraid of The Banshee’s vision for war as are his girlfriend Veronica or their boss Cyrus, but he still worries that he and Veronica might personally get hurt. Age: chronologically 50, biologically 25.

Veronica Jameson: a vampire who’s gang was recently absorbed into The Banshee’s army, she has no interest in the idea of her friends – especially her boyfriend Marko – dying for the sake of The Banshee’s personal vendetta. She doesn’t hate her boss Cyrus, but she hates that he “sold his people out to a lunatic.” Age: chronologically 60, biologically 20

Adam Jameson: a former Praetorian Knight who had first learned about the supernatural when his sister Veronica was killed and turned by a vampire. After being excommunicated for trying to kill non-humans regardless of guilt or innocence, he joined – and eventually became the leader of – a human-supremacist gang called “The Legion of St. Michael.” Age: 55

Skiar-Vuul: a warlock who can send telepathic messages and telekinetically lift up to 100 pounds, his species resemble 7-ft. ants with two legs and four arms. He runs an underground store in Franklin, Colorado as part of a war-profiteering syndicate, buying/manufacturing weapons (mystical and/or technological) and selling them to customers of any “political” affiliation, the Shepherds included.

He used to run a second, larger shop in Greenwich, and after one of his largest shipments was stolen and the front business was exposed, his life was in danger from syndicate enforcers for about an hour. However, The Banshee quickly claimed the credit for both stealing the weapons and using them to destroy Colorado’s largest Shepherd base. The bosses quickly received massive donations/tributes from the local demon gangs, and Skiar-Vuul was let off the hook.

Age: biologically comparable to a human at 30, doesn’t keep track of the chronological number.

Katherine Forester: a Paladin Witch who is training her son Justin in the use of magic, she runs the Shepherd base in Franklin, Colorado known as “The Ranch.” Almost all of her mystical energy goes to passively feeding the barriers that protect The Ranch, so she can’t do very much active spell casting without putting the base in danger. Age: 45

Justin Forester: a werewolf and a Conscribere Warlock. He is better at spending hours/days and enchanting objects with spells to be cast later than he is at spending seconds/minutes casting directly, and his boyfriend has started a trend at The Ranch of calling Justin “Q.” Age: 20

Places (so far):

Greenwich, Colorado: a city of about 50,000 people that had been living under de facto martial law for almost a month.

Franklin, Colorado: a town of about 9,500 people, 3 hours north-east of Greenwich

The Penalty Box and Get Kraken Hunting & Fishing: a dance club and camping goods store, respectively, that Skiar-Vuul uses as fronts for the underground weapons shop that he manages in Franklin.

The system is that one half of a buying party first goes to the club backrooms to set up the deal, then the second half goes to the camping store to pick up an order of allegedly empty tackle boxes that don’t get opened in view of the security cameras.

“The Ranch”: a network of bunkers built by the Shepherds underneath an abandoned farm plot in Franklin, it became their 2nd largest Colorado base following the destruction of John Brown University.

Samuel Elbert Plaza, AKA “Monroeville”: a dead-mall in Franklin that is used as the headquarters of The Legion of St. Michael. The building has been bought privately by the members, re-fitted as a paramilitary compound, and code-named after the mall used for filming the original Dawn of the Dead.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  24. Simpson17866

Is there anything that I should work on before posting this?

25. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Senior Member

I have an idea that I dont have all the details worked out for yet....

But are any of you interested in an urban fantasy rp about mages that has some absurd humor and impressive plot twists?