1. Mike Coville

Mike Coville New Member

Rookie looking for veteran support

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mike Coville, Sep 24, 2019.

Through the magic of google I stumbled onto this wonderful place. I've been a part of a couple of other communities, but just never really connected. As I get my publishing career off the ground I'm still looking for guidance from those that have done this.

My desire to write stories and share them with the world goes way back. It was only since the emergence of ebooks and self-publishing my desire has grown to become a possibility. Over the last year I've been writing and publishing a 5 book Science Fiction series called Deep Space Mining.

This is an amazing time we live in. I hope to meet others that are on a similar journey. Thank you for your time, see you around.

Mary Elise likes this.
  2. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Hello and congrats on having so many books already published!
    I hope you enjoy your time here ^^

Mike Coville likes this.
  3. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hi Mike. I'm one of the forum moderators, and I want to welcome you to the forum.

We have quite a number of people here who do self-publishing, and will be happy to share information with you. In fact, you'll note that under the Publishing section of the forum, there is a subsection FOR self-publishing. So feel free to put any of your questions there. Also I would suggest you first read through the threads that are already there, to see if any of these threads deal with what you are concerned with. Sometimes your questions have been asked before.

Anyway, while you're getting acquainted with us, can I suggest you read these two links. One is specifically targetted at orienting new members, while the other is our overall Rules, mostly governing conduct on the forum.

New Member Quick Start

Forum Rules

May I also recommend :
    https://www.writingforums.org/faq/
    Our FAQ section provides direct links to all areas of the forum. There is a lot under the hood here, so please feel free to explore everything. Check out any 'sticky' threads you encounter in any of the forum sections, because these often contain information about specific requirements for that particular section.

Get to know us, while we get to know you. And have fun.

If you encounter any problems, feel free to contact me by starting a 'conversation' with me (click my avatar and follow the signs!) and I'll do my best to help.

Cheers, and see you around the threads. :)

Mike Coville likes this.