1. Published on Amazon? If you have a book, e-book, or audiobook available on Amazon.com, we'll promote it on WritingForums.org for free. Simply add your book to our Member Publications section. Add your book here or read the full announcement.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  1. ruhroe

ruhroe New Member

Ruh Roe! Progress Journal

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by ruhroe, Apr 29, 2016.

I figure it'd be a good idea to expose myself to the forum a bit more to see where it takes me.

So far, I have a few projects I've been working on. Most of them are short stories made out of random prompts that came to me. My "white whale" is my main WIP, a book series I'd been developing for years. After I finished brainstorming the essentials, I decided to take some time away to work on myself. These short stories have helped me find some pretty good techniques I'll be using in the long run. So I think I'll just use this to track how I do with my short stories.

One cool idea I had was to try writing my journal entries in the voice of a character in the meantime, to see if I can create someone out of this that I can use in some other project.

Now if only I could find out what to post next...

A man called Valance likes this.
  2. A man called Valance

A man called Valance Contributing Member

"One cool idea I had was to try writing my journal entries in the voice of a character in the meantime, to see if I can create someone out of this that I can use in some other project."

That's it then, there's your next post. Go on, give it a try.

ruhroe likes this.