Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ACfan

ACfan New Member

Rules and Regulations

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by ACfan, Feb 18, 2010.

Hello! I'm a fan of humorous stories. In the interest of not posting my stories in multiple locations, I wouldn't want to "clutter up" the writing forum, I post my material under the "review section". Sadly, I must partcipate in reviewing other persons materials for every original piece of writing I post. I understand the policy in this instance, as it encourages participation from others who might otherwise disregard reviewing others material.

Is there a place for me to post my works without having to review others? If there is, it certainly has elluded me. If not, can someone point me in the direction of a writing forum that might be more beneficial to what I'm seeking: a place to post my material without being forced into reviewing other people's writing.

Thank you. All answers will be welcomed and appreciated.

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

You can post whatever you like in your blog. But other than that, the only place we allow work to be posted is in the Review Room, which as you noted requires a minimum number of reviews.

But the review requirement is there just as much for the person who gives the review. Learning to edit and critique is a valuable skill, which can benefit your own writing. This site is intended as a workshop for writers to improve and hone their skills, so if all you're looking for is a soapbox, then you may be right that this isn't the place for you.

3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

QFT.

I know that it seems a bit off-putting to some to have to review other work prior to posting their own and there are countless forums across the internet landscape that have no such requirements.

I know, I've been to most of them and then left them because they had nothing to offer me.

The reason we have the rules we have are in order to foster the very thing you must be looking for in the posting of your work. You do want honest feedback on your work, no? If all you're looking for is an, "Awe. That's really great," then you need to give your work to one of your parents to read.

That's their job.

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

You do not understand, despite the fact I have repeatedly explained it to you.

The Review Room is a critiquing workshop. It is a place to learn to learn to critique constructively, and to apply that same thought process to critique you receive.

It is NOT, repeat NOT, a service where you receive critique if you pay the ticket by posting two minimally adequate critiques. It is a full participation area for self-improvment as a writer. Because learning to critique constructively is a key skill for finding and understanding the weaknesses in your own writing, and to fix them.

Because you have chosen to take this public in an apparent attempt to garner sympathy and subvert the rules, I am responding in publicly as well.

5. Etan Isar

Etan Isar Contributor Contributor

If you want to showcase, here are some suggestions:

deviantart
    wordpress
    blogger
    blogspot
    a personal website
    facebook
    myspace

You won't get any useful commentary in most of these places, but you don't seem to want any, either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.