1. Miller0700

Miller0700 Contributor Contributor

Run-On Sentence Challenge

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Miller0700, Jun 5, 2017.

It's simple, you start with one sentenced story, fictional or nonfictional and you must add more to it as you go on. First you can only make a story using five words, then ten words, then twenty five, then fifty and lastly is one words words. The catch is that it can only be ONE long sentence. Only one period is to be used in the sentence and that is only to be used at used the end. Using, commas, semi-colons, and any other punctuation mark can be used. Essentially you're intentionally making a longer and longer run on sentence, if possible. It has to fellow the rubric below and can be of any story you choose.

Example:

5 Words- I went to the store.
    10 Words- I went to the store then went home to sleep.
    25 Words- Etc
    50 Words- Etc.
    100 Words- Etc.

2. Magus

Magus Banned

(So hopefully I have this right, I'll start with a 5 word sentence, and the person who responds next will have to add five words to this run on sentence which I will write after this piece of text I'm writing now, which explains what I perceive the rules of this particular prompt to be; which may be entirely incorrect, but since the thread is empty and I think this is a neat prompt that should see the light of day, I will partake and let this bracketed section be a pretext showing what a longer variation of said prompt might look like.)

I thought of going for

Cave Troll likes this.
  3. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

I thought of going for something cold, like ice cream

(is that what you mean?)

Cave Troll and Magus like this.
  4. 31152104

31152104 Active Member

( 5 10 25 50 100, rather not 1x 2x 5x 10x 20x but x + x.... maybe a cap... if 35 words, new sentence)

I thought of going for something cold, like ice cream or perhaps a walrus pup.

{15}