Rybok's Rat Pack: Dark Shadows (Discussion Thread)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Raven, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emerald

Emerald New Member

I was thinking about an old guy (around 72) who is genetically altered to have subdermal glands which secrete poison which paralyses/kills everyone in close proximity. Because I liked the idea of having a really old guy, but then again he wouldn't be very useful if he can't fight/run properly. The main thing is that there's a large amount of toxin in his body, so if he dies, everyone within a kilometer would die, so it's like an insurance policy which lets him piss off hardened criminals with minimal repercussions...

But then I thought, "old guy who effectively kills people with his gas?" and thought it sounded a bit lame... what do you think?

The main idea is a wizened old man who still runs with the big badasses despite being slow, frail and slightly senile... can't think of any other way someone like that would get into the Rat Pack...

2. Raven

Raven Banned

72 is a little too old for the kind of scum you'll be travelling with. The rat Pack's are the deadliest Military penals those too extreme and dangerous those who have broken the law in such a degree that the army still requires them for their skills.

I advice you type Dirty Dozen into google. The Rat pack is based off that. Only Rat pack is in the future.

3. Emerald

Emerald New Member

Aye, I've seen the film. I figured you'd all be playing Maggot rip-offs, so I thought I'd go with something a little different :p

Why too old?
    My great grandmother could have run a marathon at that age (one of those country folk)

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I think you may be overly worried about Jared. As far as I can recall, Jared never actually killed any of his fellow Rats. He considered it on several occasions, but it was never necessary.

But trust me - he would do it in a way that kept him far outside any kill radius. After all, there were already the explosive nanobots everyone was carrying in their blood. :)

Often what he did do was make sure no one could double-cross HIM. For example, he left lethal surprises in passages where he had been and did not plan on returning through, in case someone decided to follow him.

5. Raven

Raven Banned

I will be opening the game thread in December for members to claim a spot. One spot has already been reserved for Cogito leaving eleven places. The game will start in January 2009.Between now and the games starting I will be updating much of the parameters and mission as well as background information.

I've also decided to write a short story regarding the game a prequel of sorts to the events of this game.

This is the final ever Rybok's Rat Pack game I will not be hosting another after this game. This will bring closure to the rpg side of Rybok's Rat Pack.

Once the places have been claimed the thread will be closed again until the launch.

Because of the high demand of players and limited places only claim a spot if your willing to be actively playing daily.

6. Raven

Raven Banned

The launch date for Rybok's Rat Pack: Dark Shadows will be the 20th of January.

Two spaces have been reserved for Cogito and Gloom Kitty.

7. Thanos

Thanos New Member

Thank goodness I have a profile up and ready to post up ASAP XD

Can't wait

8. Raven

Raven Banned

I'll open the thread next week for players to post up a profile. I can only except 10 members since gloom and cog have laid claim. The main thing I ask is only claim a spot if you can be regularly active.

9. Thanos

Thanos New Member

About the same activity as ICE?

10. Raven

Raven Banned

Fast paced yes. But not like ICE. very different for a start the narraion is different and players interact better. The Rat Pack gamnes are just different I can't explain it but the players just seem to feel the magic and interact really well and yeah. gotta play it to see it. ;) type of thing.

11. Thanos

Thanos New Member

Oh don't worry Imma play

12. Raven

Raven Banned

I will also be writing the prequel story to the game and posting it in novels shortly. The story will focus the spin off character Kagen also. Now there’s a teaser for yeah. And for those of you who don't know Kagen well he's the spin off from the game and series. ;)

13. Zcreative

Zcreative New Member

Is there a thread that has a preface for the RPG?

14. Raven

Raven Banned

Nope I removed them.

15. Zcreative

Zcreative New Member

Oh, so do I have to wait until the RPG comes out to read it? If so, then that stinks, but its my fault for not looking :p

Z
    -- Thanks

16. Raven

Raven Banned

The first two stories are up on my website just click on the Ravenstone in my signature.

The games and fiction were removed from the forum because Ryboks Rat Pack became paid work for me. as did Kagen. but thats now come to an end with the final story. So with that I decided to launch one final Rybok's Rat Pack game and a short to go with the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.