1. Endeavour

Endeavour New Member

Saw IV

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Endeavour, Oct 11, 2007.

Should it all have ended in Saw III?

2. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

HECK NO! I love the series and if it ended at Saw III I would have cried cause I absolutely love the movies. I so can't wait to see Saw IV. Seriously the Saw movies are the best horror movies I have ever seen and I can't get enough of watching them.

3. Torana

Also I have seen sneak previews of Saw IV and damn it looks awesome. I mean seriously the creator is a damn genious. :)

4. Endeavour

Endeavour New Member

Yeah, the "Autopsy" trailer looks tempting.

5. Frost

Frost Active Member

Saw 4 isn't even made by the original creator. That said, the first one was very good, the second good, the third just above average...so we'll see.

6. ScaryPen

ScaryPen Active Member

I 've seen only Saw I:( * Wail!*
    I loved the first movie and have heard good things about the other two. There's a fourth one coming out? This is pathetic... I have to get hold of II and III before IV hits the theaters!

7. Torana

Yes it most certainly is. I can't wait I have already got my copy of the movie ordered :D

yeah I know it isn't but it is still looking damn good. You are right about the movies. Though all movies seem to go that way when they try and carry it on like this. It is inevitable for the quality to drop, but it is still going to be an awesome movie either way and I CAN'T WAIT!

8. Torana

ScaryPen I only own I and II still waiting on III, I ordered it but just have to wait for it to come in. Saw IV is also on the list for me ^ ^ It is an obsession of mine with this movie I am afraid.

9. Endeavour

Endeavour New Member

I haven't seen Saw III either. I'll be making sure to watch the third instalment prior to venturing out to a cinema near me to watch the new sequel.

10. Torana

Saw III was gruesome and really good. Not as good as the first two as Frost said, but some of the scenes were just pure brilliance.

11. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

And some were just pure vomit! As in OMG I can't believe ewwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

But pretty cool twists. No, wait, wasn't that the second one I'm thinking of? Bah. I don't like horror movies anyways!

12. Torana

DOZ they were awesome, every single scene was just damn awesome. The gore was just out of this world. Nothing could ever compare to Saw. <that I have seen yet>

13. ILTBY

ILTBY Contributor Contributor

I think it should have ended with Saw II to be honest :redface:

I loved the first two, but really didn't enjoy the last one. Too gorey, not enough logic or twists or game-playing. Probably didn't help that someone had given away the ending to me, though.

Still, I am excited about seeing the next one, I hope it's less disappointing.

14. Torana

Nothing can ever be too gorey. The more gore the better. That is the main reason I love the Saw movies so much. Not mant movies to day put much gore in them. Saw does and has me captivated. I wish I could tell you my fav scene in Saw III but I won't cause others haven't seen it yet. But the one scene took me several times to watch it lol it was that gorey and I love that about Saw.

15. Scavenger

Scavenger New Member

I feel so out of the loop; I've only seen the second one. That said, it was honestly one of the best movies I've seen, easily the best horror movie, and I need to watch the others. i'm going to see the fourth when it comes out, so hopefully I won't have missed too much from not knowing the plot of the third...

Like Torana, I love the gore, but I like the psychological aspect more; it's what makes these movies a step above the others. In the Saws, they actually have a plot and motivation behind all the violence, instead of random scenes of hot chicks screaming and getting their heads bitten off by a zombie or some such nonesense.

16. Torana

THANKYOU SCAVENGER! I couldn't agree with you more. It is so hard to find horror that isn't some stupid dumb chick running around going "ahhhh ahhhhh he is going to kill me ahhhh ahhhh I will just stand here and go ahhhhh while the killer comes at me and I won't do anything else cause I am so dumb."

Saw is what horror is all about. From start to beginning it is awesome. I can fault it at all.

17. Scavenger

Scavenger New Member

You're welcome, lol.

I honestly cannot think of another "horror" movie that does the same thing as Saw. there have been attempts, and there are certainly a couple thrillers that go for the psychological stuff, but nothing that's actually smart and clever and makes a statement.

This reminded me of Paris Hilton in House of Wax (which I've only seen half or so of, but nonetheless...). :p

18. Torana

lol well I will be sure never to watch that movie lol

But so many horror films are like that. I mean look at I know what you did last summer. It was terrible for it. And scream, yikes that is all they did was scream. Like how dumd do they have to be? Is it really so hard to run or defend yourself. I don't watch many movies as I sit there and point out every single flaw there is in it. Ruins it for everyone <oops> :p lol

19. Scavenger

Scavenger New Member

I think Scream was supposed to be a spoof...but I may be wrong there...I love to watch movies, but I have the same problem you do, and therefore I usually watch them alone, or tape my mouth shut...

20. ScaryPen

ScaryPen Active Member

I have watched a lot of stupid horror movies and since I can't leave a movie halfway through (I suffer from Moviegoer's Conscience) I've seen House of Wax till the end. Yes, Scavenger, you made the right choice in not watching the whole thing. I've even seen movies like Ginger Snaps and one where the demon lives in a lipstick!

So Saw is like a real treat. Oooh.... I want to watch II and II right now..

21. Torana

LOL I always watch movies on my own. Not just for that reason, but I dispise people bugging me during a movie if I really enjoy it. I also found that if I eat, and drink throughout I keep quiet a little better. ^ ^ I don't go to cinemas for this reason though. I never shut up when people are around about the flaws.

I hardly ever watch a movie right through. I must have breaks. I can't sit still long enough. If I do watch right through it is cause I have my laptop and I type through it lol I am a fidgiter (can't stay still)

Definately watch them ScaryPen it is soooooo worth your time to.

22. Scavenger

Scavenger New Member

Oh, I lvoe movie theatres. But I do have to go with people who are quiet; it annoys me even more when other people talk than when I do. I'm actually pretty good in theatres about being quiet out of respect for others, but at home or with friends...not possible.

I fidget, too, I have to do several things at once or you've lost me (right now I have music and the television on, I'm on instant messenger, the forums, and I'm talking with my brother). Usually I read when I'm watching a movie, or I write.

To get back on Saw, did anyone see that thing on FearNet.com where there's that hidden message that you have to find, and you can enter it on the website? It's a series of four numbers, but I can't for the life of me figure it out (which makes me sad because I managed to figure out nearly all the riddles in Saw II). Anyone have better luck than me?

23. ILTBY

ILTBY Contributor Contributor

Totally agree about Saw II being the best horror I've seen :) It's hard to find a good horror movie, but it was excellent.

I think the gore took over in Saw III whereas it was all about game-playing and twists in Saw II which is what I prefer.

I hated the pig scene, needed to throw up after it :p

24. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

I havent seen any of the saw movies. OOpsi
    better get on that. Except I get nightmares from horror movies so not so sure it is a good idea
    Maybe i will get it over with in a marathon of saw movies.

25. Torana

lol wordwizard well I hope that you get over it other wise you will not be sleeping much for a while :p Saw is the ultimate horror movie series.

I have never been on fearnet but wil be sure to check it out now that I know about it ^ ^ lol

ITLBY I loved the games in Saw II but the gore in Saw III was far better. It doesn't hurt to have the gore take over a bit. It is a horror movie after all and it was definately well done. The scenes <gore scenes> were excellently displayed, the detail was intense. Oh how I loved it all :D

The pig scene was sick, I loved that scene, I was glued to the screen through the whole scene hehehehe

<now you all know a little more about my other side lol gore rocks>