Saw IV

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Endeavour, Oct 11, 2007.

1. absis minas

absis minas New Member

SAW < Death by drowning in excrement and uteral lining.

2. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I know isn't it lovely. I loved the one where the woman was in the freezer. Took me 2 months to get through that scene. lol I'm a sook ^ ^

3. Frost

Frost Active Member

That was gloriously brutal.

The freezer one was soft. No where near as good as the pig scene. Pig scene was easily the most disgusting.

4. ILTBY

ILTBY Contributor Contributor

I like gore (mostly :p ), but not when it's pointless and I found Saw III steering towards pointless gore.

I agree, the freezer one was a totally different extreme, very tame for a Saw movie, especially compared to the pig scene.

It was still a good movie, just disappointing compared to the others for me.

5. Frost

Frost Active Member

Yeah, pretty much. Another gory scene was that one where the guy had the hooks through his skin. Painful.

6. Endeavour

Endeavour New Member

I still prefer Saw I over Saw II. I have always got a better impression about the plot and twists. Saw II is by no means that far from the first instalment, but it left me feeling a little disappointed.

7. Torana

Frost I loved that scene it was awesome. I know II wasn't as good as I and III was all about the gore factor. But you have to admit no one else has been able to create anything that could ever come close to Saw as of yet.

So they could have worked a bit more with it and it could have been much better, but the gore scenes in my opinion were just bloody marvellous.

8. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

It's all gross and horrible! :p

9. Torana

it is not! Take it back DOZ and I will stop slandering Buffy.

10. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

RE: SEE MY SIG. does it look like I care???? :p lol.

I think I still have to see the third saw movie. My BF has it so I will see it eventually.

11. Torana

tell him to sell it to me DOZ!

12. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

Saw, hrm.. Well it's certainly no Se7en

As a gore flick it receives thumbs up and its whole capture-punish concept does capture the imagination.. It’s just holding on to the imagination and its ability to tactfully carry it out that fails- Saw 4 seems just another installment which will have as much resolution as the last three.

And yeah, the pig scene owns. lol.

13. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

I have to admit that I am pretty curious to know what happens with a pig....the famous "pig scene" but I am guessing it is way to inappropriate to tell on the forum..

14. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Agreed.

15. Damian_Rucci

Damian_Rucci New Member

Saw is an amazing series I just hope that they don't ruin it and repeat the plot, if they keep adding new innovative things to the series I will keep buying the movies

16. Endeavour

Endeavour New Member

Has anyone seen the movie yet? How does it compare against the other three instalments?

17. The Reaper

The Reaper Banned

I think its rubbish and sick.

I watched the first and found it dull boring and un-entertaining to say the very least. When I was forced to watch the third at my girl friends I was bored to hell.

The series is dull sad sick boring and mundane. I just found I could not see any fun in it what so ever.

18. Torana

Well the Saw series isn't for everyone Reaper. It is rather sick I guess, I mean I sat down and watched Saw III again recently and the fact that the guy was actually trying to save people and not able to actually succeed was a little bit cik if you ask me. THe only thing I don't like about Saw III is how they brought the guys daughter into it at the very end.
    I think that is over stepping the mark a little bit to be honest. I'm a little concerned really that maybe Saw IV is over stepping the mark. I haven't seen it yet, the video shops over here where I live haven't heard of it yet lol so when it comes out I will watch it and see what it is like. But I have heard that it is not very good at all compared to the rest.
    But Reaper I disagree about it being dull and boring. It is far from that. Just rather sick and the ending of the third Saw movie is rather off putting if you ask me personally. They shouldn't be involving children in this kind of movie at all in my opinion.

19. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

Is it just me or are the Saw films just silly now?
    The first one was good, but it was the only good one in the seris.
    They have gone totaly down hill.

20. Torana

They are pretty silly now and yeah plain sick....I have spent a lot of time watching them but recently watched the thrid edition again and for the first time I actually saw the film in different perspective. It just seemed pethetic and plain sick....

I love horror and gore but I think they should have ended it with the second edition of Saw personally.

21. Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast New Member

Well

Everyone says the same things about saw: that they're smut films. That's mostly a true statement. I believe horror has lost it's luster over the years. Too many damned special effects.

22. Torana

Sadly you are correct there Wilderbeast. But I don't see that changing anytime soon. It'll only get worse if you ask me.

23. Frost

Frost Active Member

Oh my god! It's a movie, guys. I find it a bit rough to be going around saying "Saw is sick! It is pathetic and sad and I dont like it!". It's there for a thrill. It's there for a bit of a rush without having to do anything. It's not there for scrutinising of moral values; it's not there for self-reflection. Still if you think it's sick thats all your choice, all Im saying is why not lighten up?

This is indeed true, though. Horror films aren't as good as they used to be. Theyre still all good for a rush though. The main reason why horror has lost it's luster though, is because it's so hard to shock us as a society now. So horror movies have to be taken to the extreme to provoke a reaction, upon which, people call them sick. Vicious cycle really.

24. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

The last good, 'modern', horror movie I've watched is 'Silent Hill'

apart from that, there have been so little horror movies within the last 10 years with an actual plot.

Stupid Hollywood equating good horror = lots-o-gore

25. Raven

Raven Banned

Actually I saw a glimpse of it and have no interest in the movie and cannot fathom why the interest.

Horror is not even a patch on what it used to be. These films are just a repeat over and over same story different characters. From Saw to Hostel etc. I don't mind a good horror but these movies aren't Horror they are just some guys sick fantasy put to screen.