Scarlet Nocturne

Discussion in 'Archive' started by lixAxil, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Jaharra flinched the moment she felt the needle prick her skin, but then her body refused to move, and she slumped. However, the fluid could not be prepared for what ran through her veins. It was making the human half sleep, and Jaharra panicked, whimpering. "No . . . you don't know what you've done . . ." then her eyes closed, and the beast ripped free of its chains with a triumphant roar in the back of her mind.

First her heart started pounding harder, so loud that even those nearby could hear it. A shadow seemed to merge with her body, and as she faded, the shape of a sleek black panther revealed itself. But this time it wasn't tampered with by her human mind. it was its own, wild, dangerous.

A cold blooded killer.

The creature sat up, revealing that it was not just an ordinary panther as i had been the first time Jaharra had changed, but some sort of cross between human and animal. With the body of a naked woman covered by shiny raven fur and the face of the dark feline, the creature looked at Norton with fiery amber eyes, pupils dilating to slits.

Flicking its long, black hair over its shoulder, the cat grinned at Norton, revealing neat white teeth, each one filed to a lethal point. A rumbling purr throbbed in its chest, and it looked the human up and down with an almost perverse manner.

"It's sad when my pet decides to trust others -she's really quite foolish at times. But I guess i can see why when she wants to keep me caged . . ." the cat rumbled, then glanced at Jesse, licking its muzzle as if in anticipation of tasting his blood flood its mouth, his flesh being torn apart by its fangs. "Want me to kill him? I haven't fed in quite a while you know."

Oh, and she was a man-eater.

lixAxil likes this.
  2. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

"And stop pointing that gun at me. I'm trying to make a call."

What an idiot. He was about to squeeze the trigger when he became aware of Jaharra's transformation. He whirled around and aimed his gun at the black panther. So the girl was the panther, or was the panther the girl? He saw her look at the annoying magician, and offering to kill him. "Crank, step aside, she'll deal with him." The butler obliged and stood next to his young master, he casually loaded his semi-automatic pistol and aimed at Jesse. Norton looked at the panther, keeping his pistol aimed straight down it's head. "Be quick about it, I am in a bit of a rush."

3. Keitsumah

The panther wriggled her haunches as she fell into a crouch on the seat, careful not to ruin the upholstery with her hooked claws as she lowered her head, staring intently at Jesse. Her muzzle curled in a confident smirk. "I like you, so i guess I'll obey you this once . . ." then she lunged for Jesse, her long body extending and contracting like a spring as she landed on his chest, digging her fore claws into the man's shoulders and raking her hind-claws across his stomach.

lixAxil likes this.
  4. Crumpets

Crumpets Senior Member

Jesse's body crumpled beneath the panther's assault. Then it exploded in a shower of blood. Blood gushed endlessly from the fallen magician's body, forming together into ahumanoid shape with only one distinguishable feature: a massive smile. "Shall we play? Yes. Let's play." The body of blood exploded once more, this time rushing around and into the car, bathing it and all those around it in crimson waves. Smiles began appearing throughout the blood, surrounding each person in grotesque faces, all laughing. "Yes. I think you'll be quite fun to play with."

5. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Arthur

Atop the bell tower once more, Arthur stood. He scanned the city looking for any trace of his prey.

Beneath his coat was a belt with each of his masks hooked onto it, but in his hand he held his newest, Bird of Prey. He slowly put it on, and immediately felt himself lighten. He took a deep breath and focused on the ground. With that, his weight came back to him. Then he thought of the sky, and gently his feet lifted off of the bell tower's roof and slowly floated out into the open air.

He was careful to not think of the ground. Maybe he should have experimented with this new mask in a less dangerous place. No, that was nonsense. He was the master of this power, he knew exactly how it would work. He just needed to muster the confidence to actually make it happen. With another deep breath, he shifted his center of gravity, and added a little weight in the right spot, and he was gliding forward and down slowly and controlled.

Then he shifted again and was moving faster, then he thought of the sky and with his forward momentum intact, he was moving forward and upward. He was flying, or rather, as he thought of it, falling with control and grace.

He went higher and higher, until he could feel the air thinning, and the city was nothing but a dot below. He could see for hundreds of miles all around, and it only confirmed what he thought, the world was wrong. He could almost see the cracks spreading out from the Philharmonic hall where it had all started. The shattered lines of reality that all converged in one place. Of course, none of this was actually visible, but there was something telling in the way the world below moved, it was... disjointed.

As he watched though, he thought he heard something, faint and haunting. Like an echo of an echo. The Scarlet Nocturne bouncing off the remnants of the old reality, echoing into the new one. If he could find the source, it would lead him to the conductors.

He once again shifted his weight, and was dive bombing down into the city again, off in search of the source of the echoes, the link between the worlds.

6. Keitsumah

The cat yowled in alarm when the man exploded beneath her claws, spattering her with red and forcing itself into her mouth and nostrils. Choking, she covered her muzzle with her paws and struggled to breathe, then slumped when it withdrew, surrounding her with red, evil smiles and cackling laughter. Ears swiveling around, she swiped at the blood, but it was no use, it simply scattered, then re-formed as a solid wall. Hair standing on end, she hissed. It was impossible to fight something that couldn't be physically harmed, and that was her only method of attack.

Well, so much for that plan. "Sorry, Norty, but you're on your own here." she said, then withdrew deep into Jaharra again. The young woman snapped back into focus as if the panther had never been, and she stumbled as she felt the panther actually helping her stay awake and resist the drug's effects. Looking about in confusion, her eyes widened when a face came too close, leaping back and away from it.

"Yes. I think you'll be quite fun to play with." the deep voice purred somewhere near her ear, and Jaharra squeaked, panic making her jerk away, only to end up knee-deep in blood. It swirled, rising up around her, clasping her arms and restraining her. Heart pounding in her ears, Jaharra struggled, trying to escape, but it was too strong. Shivering uncontrollably, she tried to understand just what was going on but nothing made sense. How could so much blood be out and about, and in a semi-solid form?

The laughter grew all the louder, and Jaharra cringed, feeling the dark crimson tendrils beginning to swallow her up.

lixAxil likes this.
  7. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

"Fritz.... the bank is right behind this building... See?" Elean said pointing a spot in the map...

Fritz's face turned red.

"Avalyn memorize that." He told her as he handed her the map.

"Saying, you said you wanted to ask stuff right?.... so go ahead!!"

"Allow me to cut to the chase. That thing you were speaking of......that um......wish granting thing. It didn't work! I wished for power, fame and fortune! All I got was a hotel room and a crappy letter with a map on it! Why didn't it work!?" Fritz continued to ramble on. "I mean that's noway to disrespect Fritz Gance! Right Avalyn!?"

mmarage likes this.
  8. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

The man laughed a bit...

"You didn't seem to understand the rules of the game" said Elean with a mocking tone.

Then the coffee arrived, and he took his cup and tasted it...

"This cafe surely has decreased it's quality with the time...." complained the man...

"Anyway, returning to topic. Not even I get completely what's going all with all this thing... but well we stole documents from the church, so we gained a privileged knowledge.."
    Another sip of the coffee...."This thing needs a bit of cream..." said the man in a low tone...
    He called the waitress, and while waiting for its arrival he said
    "Is a thing of an opportunity to show what you can do with this city in a certain amount of time. If the songs likes you better than the rest, then supposedly will make the world to be like you want..."
    He poured a bit of cream on his coffee as soon as arrived. Then he extended it to Fritz, while asking "Cream?".

JessWrite and mmarage like this.
  9. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Avalyn stared at her cup as the steam danced in the air, soon vanishing into nothing. Lifting the drink to her lips, she took a long sip, savoring the warmth. But as the strong earthy taste hit her tastebuds, her face turned sour. Avalyn waved her hand frantically in front of her face. Somehow she'd forgotten she hated coffee.

With a grimace, she spit the drink back into the cup and gave a few gagging coughs. "That was disgusting." she muttered as she raised her head towards the man. He seemed familiar, like someone from a faraway dream. An unpleasant one.

Avalyn grabbed for a napkin while her slanted eyes shifted to her companion. "You're right of course, but what's this about a game, Fritz? I don't understand."

lixAxil and mmarage like this.
  10. lixAxil

"Let me answer that for you Avalyn, I presume that he don't understand it either..." said Elean

He then fixed his position on his chair, looking for the most comfortable, then begun with something he already told before.

"Everyone knows about the fairy tale that is the Scarlet Nocturne. A song that reveals a truth when played completely, but punish you with a different outcome, an unhappy ending if you play it incomplete.
    We investigated about the song, as I wanted to knew about this world out of curiousity, no more than that. The original idea was to play it completely, but I changed my mind in the way and decided to play the incomplete version.... Of course all this after stealing certain files from the church. We learned that the unhappy ending is just a chance of something different, and that the way it may come will be decided upon a test. First, the song is played, after that only a few would withstand it's hypnotic effect, something similar to a trance. Then those refered as <chosen> would have the chance to play a competence, showing their resolve on different ways. After that, the outcome chosen will go according to the will of the one who have the strongest resolve.
    So when I wanted to know the truth of the world, it became a game to see who'll decide how the world is in real. The game is kinda a chance for the chosen to make what they want to become a reality within a certain period of time....
    And that's all I know, but I kinda get what's going on now. This reality is a chance for Fritz to gain what he wanted to.."
    The man finished chomping a large piece of bread.

11. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

I walked through the streets, passing by people in silence, observing them as I walked, looking for the man... if he was indeed the one that I am supposed to hinder or aid, then I needed to find him quickly, to learn of his desire... I wanted to know about him and his ways, if he was just power hungry, then I'd do everything in my power to stop him... ah... but how could someone that can only spin illusions and mysteries, no... a mere observer, someone completely powerless to change a thing upon this stage, stop someone that may be after the ever tempting desire of power and fortune...? If his resolve was strong enough for his dream to come true, then not even hell itself could hinder him... but... I have to try if that is the case...

I eventually passed by a cafe, continuing to look for the man... I didn't think that my chances of helping him were high, he was going to murder a woman just to gain some small amount of power, perhaps that is all that he truly wanted, power, nothing else, nothing to better humanity or his friends, nor his family... that's when I saw him... I was sure it was him... same hair, same skin color, and that was the same woman that was with him... the one that he left in such a dangerous situation... I walked into the cafe and bought a cup of coffee and sat down a bit away from them, doing my best to merely blend into the background, I might be able to learn if he was indeed the one that had done whatever he needed to do to gain his wish... I grabbed two sugar packets and poured them into my coffee and swirled it around a little before taking a sip.

lixAxil likes this.
  12. Kingtype

"I totally knew that." Fritz said quickly after Elean stopped talking.

"I'm just a bit fuzzy one thing. How long do I have to make my reality come true?" He asked. "It better not be something super short. That would be ridiculous. How could I Fritz the great be fooled into playing this thing?"

He turned towards Avalyn and then..........BAM!

The man brought his elbow down on the top of her head and kept it there. "Why didn't you tell me that your question would me look like an idiot?" He asked

mmarage likes this.
  13. lixAxil

An awkward silence

"I didn't expect to see you hit your girlfriend that way...." said Elean

He then stood up... "Well I gotta go... regarding your question, I myself don't know that. I guess it will happen once you fulfill your original objective on Anheldrim..."

He was about the left, when he suddenly produced a piece of paper and wrote something on it.
    "Here is my number, call me if you feel like..."
    And then he left

----------------------------------

All right, now I gotta find the Invisible-man thought Elean while walking on the streets.
    It shouldn't be hard... He smiled

"Invisible-man.... You should be somewhere I suppose.... If you can hear me, then speak to me..."

14. mmarage

I looked over my shoulder and saw Elean leaving. "...Direct question? Or should I try to charm him?" I wondered, I then smiled and resisted laughing. "Charm someone? Me? HA!" I thought, I got up sighing still holding my coffee. "Well if anything happens I can throw my hot coffee on him and run like hell." I thought, I walked over to the two. "...I know that you're most likely the one that got your chance at a wish, so, what is it?" I asked, looking at the man, still a bit annoyed that he had harmed his friend over something so trivial like asking a question that put him in an idiotic light, that in itself made him look like an idiot. "God please let it be selfless, god let it be selfless... or something that isn't too harmful, like a life time supply of bubble gum." I thought, I was doing my best not to look intimidated, it was two vs. one and I only knew one of their expressions and the other was packing heat... the only thing that I could think of that could keep me safe was that I was in a public area, they wouldn't harm or kill me in front of a lot of witnesses, right?

lixAxil likes this.
  15. JessWrite

Girlfriend?

Avalyn sat up a little straighter with Fritz's elbow on her head. A pounding headache started as she bit her lower lip, her forehead creased in thought. Girlfriend? Well, of course she was a girl and Fritz's friend. Same as Fritz was a boy and her friend; the only friend she truly had. Why did the man state the obvious? That was a shown fact.

But he seemed to have said it as one word, put together with such...care. What was that supposed to mean? What did the man think? What did he assume? That they were....

Avalyn turned her eyes towards Fritz, forcing a smile. No, the man must of said it as girl friend, two words and nothing more than that. Just a friend, that's all she had been to Fritz during their years together...right? Avalyn's heart quickened and her cheeks flushed as she studied his look of disapproval. Right.

"Oh I am so sorry Fritz, that wasn't my intention at all! I'm just trying to understand...well, I just want to know what--"

"I know that you're most likely the one that got your chance at a wish, so, what is it?" Avalyn lifted her eyes to find another man hovering over their table and again, her gaze shifted to Fritz.

"I was going to ask that." she muttered under her breath.

16. Kingtype

"Oh I am so sorry Fritz, that wasn't my intention at all! I'm just trying to understand...well, I just want to know what--"

Fritz simply rolled his eyes at Avalyn and let the words of Elean sink in.

Call him? Girlfrend?

Fritz would never actually consider calling Elean. The man seemed far to.....odd to be trusted. Besides who the hell was he assuming that Avalyn was his girlfriend? Fritz had never thought of her in that matter. His eyebrows began to rise as continued to think the subject. Perhaps Elean meant girlfriend as in friend that happened to be a girl.......YEAH! That's it to you.

"I know that you're most likely the one that got your chance at a wish, so, what is it?"

Fritz's eyes shifted to the man that appeared in front of them. Fritz quickly went into defense mode by backing away from Joe. "What's to you?"

After a few more moments Fritz's memory finally kicked in. He remembered this man from the concert hall. This sent Fritz's senses from danger to high alert.

mmarage likes this.
  17. mmarage

"Because your answer will decide whether or not I aid you in your endeavors or try my best to hinder them." I replied simply, managing to keep a calm disposition. "Is he threatened by me?" I wondered, seeing him back away from me, if he was, I was rather shocked, I've never really been that threatening to anyone, scary, sure, but that was mainly by me accidentally sneaking up on them... I tended to be quite silent and scare people without meaning to.

lixAxil likes this.
  18. Kingtype

"Because your answer will decide whether or not I aid you in your endeavors or try my best to hinder them."

Fritz's wore a complex look.

"If you oppose me why can't I just shoot you in the face right now?" He asked the words flowing briskly from his mouth

mmarage likes this.
  19. mmarage

"Because A. There are far too many unknown variables which could kill you instead, B. Far too many witnesses, and you're probably a nobody with not enough cash to set bail for a murder charge, you wouldn't get favorable treatment by the police so you'll go to jail ending your chance before you even got to try, so, answer my question and I might be helpful instead of a nuisance." I said, keeping a calm demeanor, inside I was scared that he might be dumb enough to shoot me in front of a bunch of people.

lixAxil likes this.
  20. Kingtype

"Hey are you saying I'm stupid?" Fritz asked stepping into Joe's face.

"Do you know who I am? I'm Fritz. The police are no threat to my greatness." He was getting more annoyed by this nosy prick. He'd already lost his sunglasses so he was in no mood for games.

"What makes you think that I would allow someone such as you to learn my wish? Not like it matters. The wish was useless."

mmarage likes this.
  21. mmarage

I glared straight into his eyes, holding my ground, my fear of this man had been replaced with anger and annoyance toward his arrogance, I took a step toward him, my head nearly coming in contact with his. "Yes, I'm saying you're a complete idiot if you believe that you can get away with murder in front of all these people. The police may be incompetent but with such arrogance all they have to do is walk up to you and put you in hand cuffs while you're bragging about your so called 'greatness'. Who do you really think you are? You're a complete nobody, at best a joke, if you ask any of these people around you and ask them who you are all they'll reply with is 'some douche bag with an over inflated ego'." I said, not thinking about the repercussions of my actions, this man in front of me was dangerous, he had a temper, a horribly inflated ego, and a gun, combined with my outburst I had just put a target on my forehead.

lixAxil likes this.
  22. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

"Invisible-man.... You should be somewhere I suppose.... If you can hear me, then speak to me..."

Arthur was high above when he heard the voice. It was calling to him, and with it came an echo. Slowly he descended, then gently came to rest about 15 feet behind the man calling him. It was the man from the Opera House, the man with the gun.

"I'm here... Don't turn around," Arthur said in a low voice. Then he waited, hand on the pommel of his rapier.

23. lixAxil

"Good to know I didn't had to scream around the city" said Elean without turning to face the invisible man.
    Yet the man did a quick move with his left arm, something resembling illusionism and now a gun was right on his hand aiming right behind him. Elean pressed the trigger and then....
    CLICK!!

"Surprise!, no bullet... " said with a tone that clearly mocked the man behind him.
    He then raised both arms surrendering to the man behind, however still confident.

"I can see you consider me your enemy in some way, then wouldn't it be the wise to go and kill me?, just threatening me is dangerous for your health. If I didn't kill you is because we're in the middle of the city..."

After that the arms of Elean relaxed, and he freed his posture still without turning around, slowly putting his hands in pockets.

"I called you to kill you, but first to talk of course. You seems to know more than me right?.... yet you're still afraid somehow"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A trumpet interrupted the encounter between the mage, the woman and the young boy...
    Suddenly a black circle appeared in the ground surrounding them and the car...

The figure of a tall man with a very deep black hair that hid his eyes showed in front of them, a man named Angelo who once was shot by Nadia; this was evidenced by his left arm hanging on a sling....
    And this also evidenced an important fact; even if they were in a different reality, any significant wound to their bodies doing recently would prevail.

"Law of the trumpet... don't move..." said the man with a deep voice, enforcing the law within the circle that formed around them.

His eyes fixed on Norton... "Attempting to kidnap the two ladies... you seems to have certain experience on the matter... Or are you some amateur?"
    He then turned his back to them and crouched to grab something lying on the floor, then turned again showing a black case on his good arm.

"Isn't it rude from you to abandon the precious treasure of the lady?..."

He then did a motion with a clearly expert hand and opened the case without any issue despite having only one arm functional...
    The case was empty... the violin of Nadia wasn't there.....

"Neither you were cautious enough to make sure your target wasn't completely aware of danger..." said the man to Norton...

"Is a young girl who even at her age would kill someone, she was beaten hard and accused of a crime she certainly commit.... Obviously she wouldn't risk herself."

In other words.... Nadia played that violin at some moment and left it in another place.
    Was the girl who lied unconscious on the car harmless?

24. JessWrite

Avalyn gritted her teeth as her face scrunched into a scowl. She couldn't take it anymore! Calling Fritz names was the last straw. Wrapping her delicate fingers around her coffee cup, she rose to her feet and strode over to the men.

"Excuse me, but that douche bag with an over inflated ego is my friend, Sir!" she yelled. With a flick of her wrist, she poured her whole cup of lukewarm coffee on Joe's head. Taking a sharp breath, she slammed her cup back on the table. Hard. It wasn't often she got upset, but this was one of those rare times.

But it didn't last. The next minute, Avalyn cleared her throat and primped her frazzled hair. "Now, where were we, Fritz?" she asked, flashing her smile.

25. Kingtype

Fritz stared at Avalyn in shock. He'd never seen anything so amazing from her.

Such raw and vicious personality. A smile played on his lips as he stared at her. It wasn't the smile of a psychopath.

But Fritz was giddy. His heart and mind racing with such bubbly thoughts that he'd completely forgotten about Joe. "That was amazing!" He shouted scooping her up in a hug. "Where did that come from!?"

mmarage likes this.