1. J_L_Penny

J_L_Penny New Member

A Transition Problem

Discussion in 'Scripts and screenplays' started by J_L_Penny, Sep 22, 2018.

Hello everyone,

I am new here and first want to say hello to you all. Actually, I think I just did that twice !

Can anyone help? I need a solution to a small transition problem I have with a rough draft of a play I was trying to construct.

I want the events to happen the same time every week, but how do I show this transition between weeks to an audience?

If it did ever work out (we all hope our stories and ideas do), I know you could put something in a program, but not everyone buys programs, and some may not read them until they get home. And a voice announcement seems a bit corny. Light fades are all right for set changes, but they don't convey a day or month or weekly change.

I would be interested to read any interesting thoughts you might have about this.

Thanks for your times - totally appreciated.

Read you all soon ... I hope!

2. John Calligan

John Calligan Contributor Contributor

What about pairing it with a weekly chore? Every time Barney mows the lawn, aliens show up.

3. J_L_Penny

J_L_Penny New Member

Problem now resolved - no further RSVPs required.

It was an issue I had problems with for quite some time, and not long after I posted this thread I came up with a viable solution to the problem that could possibly work.

Thanks for your reply.