Tags:
  1. cuzzo

cuzzo New Member

Screen Writers, 2 Things: Inexact writing and general tragedy questions.

Discussion in 'Scripts and screenplays' started by cuzzo, Oct 13, 2011.

Ok, if you're writing something into your script that you know you won't be able to control--like, for example, a background song or a famous person--how do you write that?

It's important for a famous actor to be in one of my scenes and that actor will be referred to by name, but it's not really that crucial for it to be any actor in particular. How would I write this? Do I just pick the one that I'd want the most?

Secondly, I'm working on a screenplay that has a similar mood to Requiem for a Dream and I can't remember if, after Summer, it's completely a downward spiral or not. I'm not familiar with too many other movies/screenplays where everything just keeps getting worse and worse and the movie ends on such a terrible note, but that's what I want to write. Is the only way to write this and make it not boring to have the MCs keep having opportunities to get out of the downward spiral but missing them?

In Requiem for a Dream, there are a few times when it looks like things are for sure going to go right for the MCs, but then something happens and they end up in an even worse situation. Is this the best way to keep readers hoping for the MCs?

Thanks,

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

for a song, you only mention the type, such as '1940s ballad' or 'disco number' or 'popular c/w tear-jerker' or whatever...

same for a person, such as 'silent film star' or 'film noir icon' or 'early talkies sex symbol' and so on...

as for your other issue, there's no 'only' or 'best' way... no one can tell you what will work until you write it...

i mentor many aspiring screenwriters, so if you need any help/advice/info feel free to email me any time...

love and hugs, maia
    maia3maia@hotmail.com