1. Craigerz

Craigerz New Member

Get me to the starting gate

Discussion in 'Scripts and screenplays' started by Craigerz, Jan 2, 2021.

Hi all,

I’ve only ever written short stories and article type opinion pieces/ramblings, but I recently became overpowered by inspiration over a concept that I feel would translate well to film (low brow sci-fi, drama possibly) I want write a screenplay based on the notion that mankind never discovered or measured what we call ‘time’, and that my story shows what we’d be like as a species if we didn’t acknowledge or obsess over time. I’d love to get a few opinions on things such as if I should write a non-linear story, as well as about tackling a low-dialogue script.
    Thanks so much in advance.

Craig

2. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

Hi Craig, and welcome aboard!

You might want to write a treatment rather than a screenplay. As I understand it a treatment usually comes first, and is just the story itself, not specially formatted yet. From that a screenplay and shooting script and other specialty versions will be made.

3. Craigerz

Craigerz New Member

That makes perfect sense, and will help take much pressure off as I dive in. I debated doing the treatment and first draft back to back, but should let the idea (and myself) breath in between. Appreciate your response.

4. Craigerz

Craigerz New Member

Good day,

I am happy to say I’ve completed my treatment. After I research some things and breath a bit, I can dive into my first draft. Thank you.