1. J.J. Olivier

J.J. Olivier New Member

Issue with my disappearing website

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by J.J. Olivier, Dec 27, 2015.

I have a question and I am not certain if this is where this topic should go... if it's not, please don't flame me. Point me in the right direction and that is where I will go.

Here goes.

I am trying to make sure all of my platform stuff comes up together on Google when you enter my name, right? So my facebook does and my twitter does... but my actual blog site does not show up no matter what iteration of my name I type in. I made sure the privacy settings were put to 'public' but the damn thing won't show up. Is it just a lack of popularity thing that keeps it off there, or am I doing something wrong?

Help!

PS - This is NOT a shameless plug for my blog. I just want to make sure it's working right in case one of the agents I pitch goes looking for it.

2. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

When did you make your blog? It may take a while for it to show up on search engines.

3. J.J. Olivier

J.J. Olivier New Member

I made it about a month ago.

4. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributor Contributor

What string are you searching on? Does that string appear anywhere in the blog? When I read your About, I don't, for example, see "Olivier Fiction", complete with the space, anywhere.

Edited to add: Nor do I see any form of your full name.

J.J. Olivier likes this.
  5. Sack-a-Doo!

Sack-a-Doo! Contributor Contributor

If you make regular contributions to your blog, it should show up, especially if your name appears somewhere in each post (by-line, for instance).

J.J. Olivier likes this.
  6. J.J. Olivier

J.J. Olivier New Member

Thank you all for the help. I went and added my full name into the 'about' page and I will make sure it gets added to each of the posts in some place. Much appreciated.

EDIT- That fixed it. Awesome. Thank you ChickenFreak and Sack-a-Doo. That got the job done.

Sack-a-Doo! likes this.