1. Damien Loveshaft

Damien Loveshaft Active Member

Scrivener not working properly after recent update?

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by Damien Loveshaft, Jun 27, 2018.

Has anyone else experienced issues since the most recent update for windows? I run Windows 7. Often Scrivener won't open and when it does it frequently crashes before I can enter a project, but works perfectly once I manage to get into a project. It also complains about not loading various fonts. Also, when I try to open it it is running according to task manager. This is hindering because I can't get into my projects hardly even if I wanted to move them over until this is fixed.

2. Delise

Delise Member

I just opened mine. I haven't updated it yet. It's telling me that...Apparently some fonts were corrupt and now if it crashes it will skip the font the next time? Also the website has release notes.

http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener/release-notes

3. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

I've been using the latest version for a while and I haven't had any problems with it. (Windows 10)

4. Damien Loveshaft

Damien Loveshaft Active Member

I managed to scrub scriv out of my computer super thoroughly and after that the reinstall actually seemed to help. I think something was getting left behind.

5. Kristin James

Kristin James Banned

Yeah, some people have been having issues. I haven't, though. Glad to hear you sorted it :)