Scrivener ... ?

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by cutecat22, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Going super off topic, but if what you enjoy (heavy emphasis on the if) in a fountain pen is the undeniable swank factor they possess, but sometimes wish there were a more travel-friendly, practical alternative, I suggest not overlooking the pen & pencil sets. Especially if you can score a nice vintage item instead of a newer Swankmograph. ;)

This is a 1932 Parker Duofold set I have. I use the pencil all the time.

[​IMG]

And this is a late 30's Sheaffer propelling pencil. Never have managed to get my hands on the pen from the same set. Super pricey.

[​IMG]

Anywho... Just a thought for the writer on the go who wants that something extra. ;) Correctly sized leads for these pencils are easy to find in vintage and new.

Komposten likes this.
  2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Those are nice @Wreybies. I particular like the Parker set. I have a Waterman fountain pen that is moderately-priced, and then a cheaper Cross fountain pen that I use. I also have a dip pen, with a writing nib, and ink for that (which you can't use in a fountain pen).

3. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

One of my friends (or rather a friend of my brother) has a few dip pens, though I think most of them are of the cheaper type. Pretty fun to write and draw with, though I'm not sure if I'd use one for more serious writing (even though it'd feel pretty cool). I suppose fountain pens are a bit easier to use, but I still like my pencils.

Wreybies likes this.
  4. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Just as an FYI, in the trade, "dip pens" are called standards.

5. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

In my trade mechanical pencils are standards. :rolleyes: