Scrolls of Iria: The Isle of the Sun

Discussion in 'Role Play' started by Fan7asticMrFox, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

Pac and Tango

"Fine, whatever, but if things get dangerous or might put me in any form of legal trouble, I'm out, I'm not ruining or risking my life over the delusions of grandeur of two treasure hunters with empty promises of untold riches."

Pac looked to Tango awkwardly and rubbed his chin, before turning back to the man. "I'm afraid I'll have to be Frank with you. Or was it Steve? I can never remember. " Pac looked to Joe for approval of his zinger, casting his eyes over a face that was completely devoid of any laughter. Pac continued seeking, staring with a desperate smile at each of the other passengers. No one batted an eyelid.

"E-hem, anyways... My good man," Pac was back to Joe, "this favour is strictly off the books, unauthorised, taboo I suppose..."

Tango sighed, "This is illegal. What we are planning is illegal. Is Sól not awake yet? Hurry up people, make a decision."

2. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

"Aaaand back to the original offer, I'll help you fight off these mutineers and we can all get to Morolith, then we'll part ways and won't tell anyone about the offer that you've made here, and this I swear, I'll even help with the ship, because we're about to get rid of most of the crew and you'll need people to help man the ship. Let's face it, you have three people, but one is definitely worthless." I said, gesturing toward the Bard. "You can't really deny anyone who wishes to fight, or else you may end up as fish food in the end." I said.

3. schwuldubist

schwuldubist Member

Saorla

Saorla stood up her long red hair shaking wildly while she nodded, "I accept your offer, I cannot fight, and life in an arena would be very short for me. However, to hekp fight the mutineers, I can heal our wounded. She nodds toward Shango. Hr can vouch for that." She didn't care if these people were being honest, or whatever else may occur, she just knew it was her only option for survival. Her life was turning out much stranger than she expected.

4. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Edolas and Eva
    "Where do I start?"

The deep voice of the Drow resonated through the cell as Edolas stood; the chains still binding his wrists and ankles clinking. His golden gaze stared through Pac and at Tango -of the two the second got on his nerves a good ten times less, and he seemed to have a better idea of what was going on. "My only askance is that my sister be left alone. And that we get off this ship as soon as possible. I've done mercenary's work. I've lived in the streets of Sin'Das'Rei, and I've seen the results of the blood pits. Needless to say I will either kill everyone or die trying before I or my sister end up there."

His voice was low and gravelly as he spoke, and Eva peeked out from behind him, her large violet eyes slightly glazed from exhaustion and her hair limp about her cheekbones. She looked up at the two strangers and, unlike her brother, her gaze focused on Pac.

"Please sir, we came here to escape the dark. Can you get us out? I don't like the dark..." she asked in a small voice.

5. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

“OH! A chance I see? This is the usual outcome, just relax ‘till changes show up by themselves.” Exclaimed Caleb.

No one noticed it as his body gradually changed during the night and most were focused on themselves but Caleb was no longer frozen to the wall, instead, he was in his usual body, his eyes and hair were of an ominous and creepy dark tone, perhaps because there was only a very small quantity of light that the water could reflect.

“What I’ve learned during the course of my life is that, chances like this are to be taken, even if Tac and Pango are in real evil merchants willing to use us for the worst of tasks, it’s still a chance to be free from this jail! I honestly thought we would be locked here one or two moons.” Said the man.

He looked around, even while in darkness his … nature… allowed him to have the same perception regardless of how much light there was. He realized how easy would be for him to escape, yet he didn’t want to risk his body to be caught in the low temperatures inside the wood in the below deck, besides, even with that they were sharing the ship with many pirates that won’t go unless they land on earth or are thrown to the cold waters. The best choice thus, was to make a careful escape plan and defeat them, and for that they needed numbers.

“I ask you my fellow prisoners! Let’s follow them, the more the merrier and certainly best chance against our enemy. The tyranny of the pirates ends today!!!” Exclaimed as if they were to had been under oppression for years.

6. Arvak

Arvak Member

Max was listening intently to the two elves, kill the mutineers(especially the one that took his crossbow) followed by a job with a large payout, sounds good to him "i'll take that offer" he said, standing up "not like i had anything better to do" he shrugged "though, one of them stole my crossbow, the bastard, but if i can get to my cabin i've got some helpful things in my pack" he adjusted the gauntlet on his arm as he spoke.

7. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Syl and Vedelo
    last night…

Syl watched in silence as a Drow juggernaut and small child were thrown roughly to the cage. She slowly shook her head at the indignity of it all. She could understand why the large male Drow had been manhandled --if his injuries were any indication, he'd clearly given the mutineers a hard time-- but did they really need to throw the girl in here, too?

She was still pondering this when another Drow approached and knelt beside her. "Excuse me ma'am," he said after clearing his throat, "that seems to be a remarkable parasol you have."

"Oh, this old thing?" Syl said, rather nonchalantly. "Just something I picked up along the way." She opened it and gave it a twirl, letting the white silk and intricately embroidered flowers and birds dance. Were they not in a vomit-strewn cage, in the belly of a battered ship, it might seem beautiful.

Then she snapped the parasol shut and gave the Drow a peculiar look. "'Tis a parasol's duty to challenge the sun. Surely, a bard's lunch is no match," she said.

Vedelo nodded sagely and examined the parasol more closely. Before looking back at the sun elf for a moment before continuing, "So, what else besides a bard's lunch can your umbrella withstand?"

"The usual things," Syl replied. "Summer breezes, spring showers, autumn leaves, winter flurries, the lingering gaze of my adoring fans..." she shrugged, "and a sword or two... or a blast from a jealous mage." She gave the elf a wink and a nod. "Typical 'walk in the park' stuff."

Vedelo grinned. He had hoped for something of the sort. His plan was taking on form now. If he could convince Syl to help that was.

"Well, perhaps next time that door opens, if you were near it, you could open it into the doorway creating a shield for someone to perhaps charge out of here with. Or Everyone. The guards wouldn't see it coming, and there's enough of us in here to make it work. What do you think?" he waited patiently for her to consider this idea.

"Bold. Risky. Crude. It's everything I'm not," Syl said with a smile. "But a wise man once told me the recipe for fun is a pinch of courage, a dash of daring, and two pints of scotch... and, just between you and me, I do love my scotch, darling."

She offered her hand to the elf. "Consider it done, stranger."

"Vedelo" he introduced himself as he took the proffered hand.

"The completely unexpected or the so dumb and obvious that it becomes unexpected are the two most successful courses of action in most circumstances," he told Syl. Glancing around nonchalantly he continued, "Let us wait for the opportunity to present itself."

* * * * *​

Syl found rest, but not sleep. As the night wore on, she let her mind drift to more peaceful pastures, yet remained alert of her surroundings. Her body rested, but her senses remained focused on the dangers all around them. The murderous ruffians crisscrossing the decks above their heads. The ever-spreading puddle of vomit, growing with each drip, drip, drip of seawater. The grumblings of her fellow captives. She stayed tuned into it all, right up until their saviors arrived.

Pac and Tango… silly names for silly men with silly delusions of grandeur. But Syl didn’t need to like them to get what she wanted out of them. And all she wanted was to be free of this cage. Her gaze flitted toward Vedelo more than once, but it was clear now was not the time to launch an attack. Pac and Tango were their ticket out of here.

"We don't have time for this. It's a heist," Tango said with command in his voice, completely ignoring Pac's pouty face, "I had to put down five guards outside and unless these pirates are really stupid, they will notice eventually. Let's wrap this up."

“Well, that settles it, then,” Syl said, more to herself than anyone else. The conversations continued, but she was no longer listening. She got up, stretched her long limbs, and strolled over to where the pirates had patched her previous hole in the cell bars. They had crammed wood and metal into the gap.

Ha, as if that will stop me, Syl thought as she pressed her palms to a poorly-fixed wooden plank. Its fibers began to twist and contort, elongating until a bow was formed. Seconds later, she’d fashioned about half a dozen arrows as well, and handed it all to the girl who had so accurately critiqued the pirates’ marksmanship skills last night.

Without a word, Syl began fashioning other things as well and passing them to anyone within arm’s reach. It was a wonder how she knew exactly what they all need, as if she could read their skillset just by looking at them. Staves for Shango and Vedelo; daggers for Meek and Evan; a spoon for the Bard.

By the time Syl began forging her last piece, there was sweat on her brow and her face had turned a fierce shade of red. But her fingers continued to work, weaving the metal with gentle, precise hands At last, it was complete. She stood, gripping a longsword, still glowing hot from the forging. She approached Joe and stabbed it into the ground at his feet, where it stood upright, like a monument to her mastery.

“For you, dear. As it should be,” she said with a bow, before turning to Pac and Tango. Syl shouldered her parasol, like a lumberjack shouldering his axe before marching off to fell a forest... a forest of flesh and bone. “Well… shall we begin?”

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
    Macaberz, Love to Write and Kingtype like this.
  8. mmarage

I looked at the sword thrown at my feet, keeping my expression indifferent. "I'm sorry ma'am, but I am not proficient with this weapon, if I were to use it, I'd be very much vulnerable to those mutineers, and I may injure myself or others by mistake, different weights, after all, I could put a little too much or too little strength into my swing, I could even accidentally let it go and send it flying, perhaps into the poor Bard. I'll retrieve my equipment for this battle, they'll either have gathered up all of our things and have stored them in a room below deck, or they may still be in our rooms, for now, I'll be fine without a weapon, I've always been a rather fast runner, I'd love to see one of them even try to catch up with me." I cracked a smile and tried to be as polite as I could.

I could tell that she thought lowly of scythes and those that wield them. It was an arrogant way of thinking, saying that because someone uses a weapon that she deems 'inefficient' to be completely worthless and those that use it to be without merit. "Someone else may use this." I backed away from the sword, doing my best to make it clear that this was there was to be no debate on this matter.

9. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Shango

Shango quite liked Pac. He reminded him of Caleb, a certain eccentricity, except Pac seemed a bit more dangerous. As for Pac's companion, Tango...well, he looked just as dangerous as the big Drow guy...and Max was definitely lethal...and Nia looked like she could handle her own...and Syl, well, she was like a quiet storm, and he couldn't wait to see what she could do. Actually, now that Shango thought about it, almost everyone in the cell looked dangerous. Except for, Saorla, of coure, but her skills of healing would definitely come in handy after their fight.

“I ask you my fellow prisoners! Let’s follow them, the more the merrier and certainly best chance against our enemy. The tyranny of the pirates ends today!!!” Exclaimed as if they were to had been under oppression for years.

Shango laughed delightedly and applauded Caleb's impassioned speech. "Yes, lets get those damn yellow-bellied bastards!" Shango shouted, using a curse word he had heard Captain Isaac use before (although Isaac said it much better). And then Syl started making weapons and passing them out. Shango grinned from ear to ear when she handed him a stave and he spun it expertly. It didn't feel quite as strong as the Ka Staff in his room, but it would do.

“Well… shall we begin?”

"Certainly!" Shango cried out. He walked purposefully towards the door, but stopped by Saorla to reach out and stroke her lustrous red hair. "Sorry, but I've wanted to do that since I first saw you," Shango apologized, smiling sheepishly. "Red hair is very rare in my lands." He bowed his head respectfully and continued to the door.

10. Arvak

Arvak Member

Max watched as the elven lady, who's name he did not know, began forging weapons out of the debris the pirates placed in the hole in the cell and passed them out to the others, finishing by placing a longsword infront of the alchemist guy, who immediately refused it. Max stepped forward and pulled the sword out of the floor and turned it over in his hand. "alright" he leaned the blade over his shoulder "let's do this" he moved toward the cell doors with the others and, upon realizing that he hasn't spoke his name to any of the prisoners the entire time they were in there, simply said "name's Max, by the way"

11. lixAxil

Caleb's face held certain disappointment as no weapon was given to him, he couldn't had used one anyway but he would had appreciated the gesture.

He snapped his the fingers of his right hand, now reattached to it, and inmediatly after that the whole forearm solidified and sharpened into an ice sword.

"The finger's snapping is not necessary but it gives certain charm to it." Said to himself, once again something that a normal human would had thought.

With a second snap, his left entire arm turned into a big ice shield, large enough to cover his body, however that was not necessary, hence, the shield's face head to the exterior of his body instead to the interior, it was a shield made not to protect his body but to cover others.

"I doubt I need to remind you this, but I can't die, regardless of how many arrows I'm pierced with or how many blades are swung against me. Stay behind my shield and the lady's parasol, we'll serve you as cover." Said with a grin.

12. #Otaku

#Otaku Member

Evan took two daggers from the elven lady, wondering at how she managed to know exactly what weapon he was most comfortable fighting with. The daggers felt almost like they had been made for him, slightly longer than the average dagger, and so ever so slightly heavier, but the perfect weight for Evan to fight with, without being weighed down or feeling like he had nothing in his hands.
    "Thank you, um... elf." He felt slightly awkward not knowing her name.
    "The finger's snapping is not necessary but it gives certain charm to it." Evan heard the water creature murmur to himself. A normal person would have thought it odd that he was talking to himself, but Evan himself had taken to occasionally talking to himself after his mother died, as otherwise he would go mad from loneliness.
    "I doubt I need to remind you this, but I can't die, regardless of how many arrows I'm pierced with or how many blades are swung against me. Stay behind my shield and the lady's parasol, we'll serve you as cover." Evan took his place behind the ice shield, gripping his daggers, excitement and nerves churning in his stomach. He had never imagined when he boarded the Kamela that this would happen, and though he hated as much as the next man being trapped in a cage with a vomiting bard, he rejoiced in experiencing something different and new, like he was now, standing on the brink of battle, with strangers that, even though they had only known each other for one night, he had already come to trust. Except for maybe Joe, he didn't know if they could ever learn to trust one another fully.

13. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Shango

"I can create my own shield out of air, thank you very much," Shango told Caleb in a polite tone. He was bouncing from foot to foot, his staff held in the standard block position. He wasn't that good with a staff, due to ditching his staff fighting sessions in Kemet to walk in the gardens or hang out with his friends, but he found that usually if you attacked hard and fast that was all it took.

And Shango wasn't planning to staff fight for long: he just needed to fight to his room and retrieve his Ka Staff and then go above deck. Once he was in the open air, he would be much more powerful. And he would be very glad to get a robe to put on; he had been prancing around in nothing but his loincloth for too long. He was a little insulted that no one had tried to take advantage of him--he prided himself on his sleek, fit body--but he was willing to overlook that until after the fight.

"Of course, I won't be able to make a lot of fire in this terribly humid atmosphere," Shango went on, still jumping back and forth restlessly. "But you'll see what I can do soon enough." He shot Caleb and Max a brief smile before turning back to the cell door, his smile disapearing. "Let us out, already," he said with uncharacteristic roughness. His eyes burned with a hot fury and if anyone stood close to him they would feel the wind moving swiftly around him.

14. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Maiya Gwyther

When the bow and arrows were dropped into Maiya's hands, she inspected them immediately. The smooth wood had no imperfections and the points were sharp enough to pierce through flesh. She nocked an arrow and drew it back, aiming at the opposite wall. The equipment was expertly crafted and very well topped the ones Maiya made herself. What she could do in hours, the woman had done in minutes. Magic could be the only explanation.

She had been taught the existence of Magic in her younger days, but couldn't fully grasp the power itself. Maiya believed it better to accept what could not be understood until she saw magic performed with her own eyes and from then on, she respected the wizards who could make such beauty come alive. To dismiss the woman's gift would be ungrateful and rude.

Maiya smiled her sweetest smile at the elfin woman. "You have a talent and use it well. Many thanks for your generosity; it is greatly appreciated."

She resisted the temptation to release the arrow across the cell and dropped her aim as she looked to the two elf men. They were a curious pair and when they'd spoken, her interest had peaked. Gladiatoring sounded like a grand adventure, but not being your own person? She couldn't quite imagine the horrors of what they called slavery. If it was anything like being a prisoner trapped in a cell that smelled of vomit, she certainly did not want that for the rest of her life.

Maiya considered their other offer. The more disgruntled elf said it would be "illegal".

Illegal was the worst kind of bad. She didn't wish to be bad on purpose. But she didn't wish to be a gladiatoring slave either. What to do...what to do....perhaps she could figure it out later?

"Maiya Gwyther, at your service!"

Kingtype likes this.
  15. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

Pac and Tango

Pac starred at them all dreamily and wide eyed, proud as punch of his little heist family. "Marvellous, absolutely marvellous!" He held out his arms wide - ever the showman - and smiled like an idiot. "It's great to see the gang all back together."

"Pac you Todo, we've never worked with these guys." Tango sighed.

"I know, but that's a sort of a heist thing to say, no?" Pac said, arms still raised. He pitched his voice into a husky mocking, "Gang's back together for one last job. I was out of the game for good, tried to make an honest living, but they pulled me back in. There was always going to be one... last... score." Like an excited dog Pac lifted his head with a twinkle in his eye, "Ooo maybe we can have secret codenames!"

"Yours is Todo." Tango griped. He turned to face the heroes. "Now we aren't exactly sure where your gear is being kept. There's a chance they didn't even take it and it's still sat in your rooms - but we can't know for sure. We can't search both, there's no time. So what'll it be, your rooms or the quartermaster's cabin?"

16. Mottahko

Mottahko Active Member

Vedelo got up from where he had been sitting next to Syl and moved over to the cage, "On my honor, however I'll need my weapons. And I'd very much like to get my writings back. I'm a historian and uncovering this mythical place sounds very interesting to me. Perhaps something I'd be more than happy to attempt without the bribe of freedom."

Indeed, uncovering myths and ancient places was that sort of thing Vedelo loved and lived for. Here these two were throwing at him an absolutely perfect proposal. What they wanted to do with what they found there was none of his business.

He reached a hand through the bars and said, "Vedelo Vandego at your services."

17. mmarage

"Hm... it may be possible to search both. We split up into two different groups, one group that is small and fast and can search the passenger cabins, after all, they'll be assuming that we're still down here captured, it'd likely to have little security and that group should be able to run away after checking a few rooms and seeing if our gear is still there and then rejoin with the larger group with whatever equipment they can grab. The quartermaster's cabin however would likely have a few people watching to ensure that no crew member with sticky fingers sneaks in and decides to skim off the top, the larger group can engage those guards without too much trouble. If the mutineers were smart, they would have already gathered our things and brought them there, however, with the storm last night, they may have still had plenty of people on deck to be safe once they had already secured us and thought to sort our our possessions later." I crossed my arms.

I turned to the others. "So, the Passenger group should consist of people that are quick on their feet and can still somewhat hold their own in battle, after all, they'll want to be able to rejoin the other group quickly and inform them of whether or not our things are still being held in our rooms, the Quartermaster's group will consist of every able bodied man and woman that can fight, if they cause too much noise, they can handle it and even take some of the heat off of the Passenger group, if the Passenger group doesn't regroup before any noise is made, they can come as support once they've checked out the passenger cabins and attack the enemy from both sides." The plan seemed feasible to me, it allowed us to check out both possible areas without slowing everyone down.

"In this case, I'll join up with the Passenger group, if everyone is in agreement with the plan, after all, I'm quick on my feet and I'm unarmed, I'll only be a hindrance in the Quartermaster group, but I should be able to take one or two of the crew on with my bare hands."

18. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Bard 'n' Saorla

“Oh…..” The Bard frowned staring at her spoon. “This….THIS is to be my weapon!” She sighed and surprisingly complained no further.

If she was to use a spoon to fend off the enemy then so be it. The Bard would make her stand with this mighty utensil. The Bard's eyes scanned the cage and finally settled upon Saorola. "You're the medical woman correct?"

Saorla nodded, “It’s what I’ve spent years studying,” confidently; she stood up off against the wall. She cared enough about practicing her healing arts that she would even heal up the bard.

"Woman!" The Bard said in a strict tone holding up her spoon. "What is the most easy way to kill an enemy with a spoon?" She asked seriously. "Do you think it possible to like cut someone's throat or something?" She made slashing motions with it.

Saorla paused, her hands still glowing, expecting to have to heal. “That… that is not what I do. Miss, I’m no killer” replying far less confident, she shook her head in shock as if to further the denial, her hair brushing all those around her.

"Well I've not killed anyone either......DUUUUUUUUUUH." She stuck out her tongue. "But I lost my knife in the struggle while getting thrown in here and I have this now!" The Bard pointed the spoon Sarola's. "I shall need to make it work against the enemies on our search for coin."

“I..” Saorla was fully at a lost for words. She paused, “Just give them a lobotomy. Go for behind the eyes.” She shrugged. It felt wrong using her knowledge to teach how to kill, “Like your trying to…scoop… out their eyes.” This statement caused her to frowned, which she was pretty good at doing regardless of who she was speaking with.

The Bard's eyes widened and she snorted with disgust before letting out a loud moan. "Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy would you tell meeeeee that!?!?!?!" She dropped the spoon. "So gross....ugh, that sounds bloody."

Saorla tilted her head in confusion. “Knives are bloody, did you except to kill somebody with a knife without it being gross?” Saorla had a much easier time memorizing the anatomy and physiology of different species than talking to this person.

She blinked. "I don't like blood." The Bard sighed. "Isn't there any kinda weapon that isn't bloody or something or maybe something where I don't have to get close?" She glanced at Maiya. "Not that though." The Bard snorted continuing to try and explain her ideal weapon.

"Sooooo you wouldn't get close and you'd use some kinda small lever on it to pull it and it would like a shoot something but not an arrow, it would be faster then arrow though and easier to use...." The Bard scratched her head. "I think there should be some kinda weapon like that or is there? I don't know a lot about weapons."

"But get it? I want a small cannon that you can carry in your hand.....like a hand canon!"

“I’m sorry, are you asking somebody who spent their entire life studying how to heal and take care of people to design you an efficient killing weapon? I think you might want to ask another person.” Saorla just didn’t know what to do with this girl. Was it not obvious that she didn’t like to kill, or want to, or even knew how to fight? The frown would not leave her face now.

"Sister." The Bard's big tails bounced as she put her hands on her hips."If you're so good at healing people you should be more then capable of knowing just the right ways to kill people ....cause of like weak points on the body, right?"

She gave a smug smirk. "I'd suggest you either go over your medical training again or my name isn't Jessicanonmary JoJoarvarksumah- Bardzet Erikaenchantressmottahkotakulixaxilafoxfantasticadublist the second."

Saorla narrowed her eyes. “Since we’ve been locked in this cage I’ve comepletly taken care of quite a few people, so that they could fight, and not suffer in pain all night. I’ve spent half my life learning not just the mundane healing arts, not even just the magical ones, but the way the bodies work and function so I can understand every way living peoples work. And all you have done is cry, vomit and play terrible music. Don’t you dare tell me that I need to go back to training.” Even as she said this, her voice remained level.

The Bard opened her mouth to reply but no words and the young redhead slowly put her head down. "I.....I...just shut up." She sniffed wiping at her eyes, The Bard found herself crying in front of this group. "Just shut up, shut up or well don't but." Her voice shook. "Stop making fun of me." She squealed like a scared pig. "I can be useful..."

Saorla took a step back. She didn’t mean to make the girl cry. “I…” she didn’t even know how to make her stop. “Don’t cry?” It came out so much more like a question than a comforting statement. She wasn’t trying to be mean to anybody, even this whining girl in front of her, but here she was causing the bard to cry, and right before they tried to kill mutineers and claim a ship. Great job, Saorla

19. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Shango

"To the rooms, or not, whatever," Shango said to Pac when he asked where they should go. The fire in his eyes hadn't lessened a bit and he was growing more and more antsy as time passed. The wind near him kept picking up and then dying down again, as if it wanted to build itself into a raging cyclone, but it didn't quite have enough air supply to do so.

When Vedelo started to introduce himself, Shango nearly screamed. Why were they introducing themselves at a time like this? Tango had said that they could get caught at any moment, and yet they were still meandering. "Vedelo, I think we should save introductions for later," Shango said with a tight smile.

Then the Bard started making noises like an upset pig. He did not know anyone could make so much noise, but the Bard had proven him wrong, dead wrong. And he could tell by the red-haired witch's guilty demeanor that she was the cause.

"Saorla, I thought you were the Healer, not the Torturer," Shango snapped angrily. "Now you've gotten her going again. Just great." He took a deep breath and turned back to the cell door, waiting for it to open. A small part of his brain told him he would regret speaking sharply to Saorla in the future, but right now all he cared about was getting out of this iron box and avenging Captain Isaac's senseless death.

20. lixAxil

For Caleb, to see a young girl was heartbreaking (Figuratively…. Really figuratively)

He got close to The Bard and putting his fingers under her eyes he cleaned her tears. (Or more likely absorbed them… but details better be saved for later)

“Don’t cry my lady” Kindly said Caleb to The Bard.

“Whenever you’re sad, remember just to sing, that’s your talent, and singing makes everyone happy. So sing, sing and smile!” Exclaimed the man.

21. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Shango

“Whenever you’re sad, remember just to sing, that’s your talent, and singing makes everyone happy. So sing, sing and smile!” Exclaimed the man.

Shango turned and gave Caleb the driest, most withering glare he could muster. "Caleb, you did not just tell the Bard to sing," he said flatly. "I refuse to believe that you would put us all through that again, knowing that it would probably make Pac and Tango decide to leave us here to rot after the Bard bursts their eardrums." He took a step closer to Caleb and pointed his stave under Caleb's chin. Heat radiated from Shango's hand and heated the staff so that if it touched Caleb it would produce clouds of steam.

"I like you Caleb, but five divines be damned, I will burn you if you delay us from getting out of this cage," he practically growled. "I really. really will." Shango's amber eyes were dark now, as dark as pools of black ink.

Love to Write likes this.
  22. lixAxil

“Hmm?”

Caleb tilted his head confused, he couldn’t comprehend what made Shango go angry.

“What could be passing through this youngster’s mind? Is there a problem with the lady singing? Is there something bad with putting a smile on her face? I think I’ll ask him, that’s the best option” Said instead of thinking as usual.

“Pardon me my fellow captive, but I fail to understand your sudden behavior, is it against your wish the girl’s happiness?” Said, not flinching against the weapon yet keeping it in mind.

23. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Shango

“Pardon me my fellow captive, but I fail to understand your sudden behavior, is it against your wish the girl’s happiness?”

Shango was so intensely angry that his hand shook and his staff was dangerously close to melting. The metal around his hand had turned bright cherry-red and the molten glow was spreading through the staff towards both ends. Pretty soon the whole thing would be glowing fiercely.

"I do not wish to repeat myself," Shango told Caleb, trying his best to keep his cool even though his whole body was heating up. "I told you already that I do not want the Bard's singing to interfere with us getting out of this cage. I do not know how I can make myself more clear. Now, if you will kindly shut-up, that would be the most the helpful you have been the entire time I have known you.

"Probably the most helpful you've been in your life," he added under his breath in a grumble as he turned away from Caleb. The staff was now completely red and giving off intense heat waves. But Shango did not feel it, not yet. He just stared ahead, unaware that the staff was smoldering in his hands.

24. #Otaku

#Otaku Member

Evan Major

Evan rolled his eyes at the dark skinned man and the water elemental fighting. Didn't they realise that enough fighting was going to happen with the crew, without them fighting over some petty argument about the Bard? He sighed, and moved to stand next to Joe.
    "I'll be on the passenger team too," He said. "Not that I want to be on a team with you, but I'm fast. I can fight off a few crew members, but speed is my strength. I can help clear out those rooms in half the time," He tucked his daggers into his belt as a place to keep them for the time being. "And I had next to nothing on my person, save for a few coins which wouldn't be much use when we get to Morolith anyway, so it would be no use going with the Quatermaster's group."

25. Arvak

Arvak Member

Max rolled his eyes as some of the others were arguing again. he walked over to the alchemist that came up with the idea to split up and search the rooms "Hey, if you're going to split off and search the rooms i'm coming with" he said "i know that one of the pirates has my crossbow but like i said there still some stuff in my cabin and i doubt they tried rooting around in there again" He cast another glance at the two, who's names he still did not know, that were arguing as one's staff began to burn and smoulder. 'well, provided we make it out of this cell' he thought.