1. Arslan786

Arslan786 New Member

Reading

Discussion in 'Word Mechanics' started by Arslan786, Sep 13, 2015.

I have started reading like a voracious animal. currently I am reading Shakespeare, Joseph Conrad, Rushdie, poetry and philosophy. Is too much much reading good?

2. DeadMoon

DeadMoon The light side of the dark side Contributor

I read a lot of Stephen King my self but have read a good deal of Shakespeare too. I found a collection of short stories from Anton Chekhov last time I was at the book store. ( the real book store that has nothing but books, no coffee, no chairs, no ipads, no over priced nick knacks. There is just just beautiful, used, somethings a bit worn books) My wife has giving me some elf quest to read too.

3. Arslan786

Arslan786 New Member

In my experience reading as much as possible is the best way to grow as a writer. Also experiencing life closely makes a person that much more attuned to what one is supposed to write.
    My day job is lectureship at a university and research, pertaining to nano particles and rat guts .....I have a bachelors degree in veterinary medicine, and double masters in microbiology and immunology.......

However my entire waking hours are being spent in reading, reading and reading literature and writing..........

My wife is not too happy about me becoming a book and laptop hermit.......

Currently working on my Novel red doll.

4. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

Your main question isn't clear because of the typos and odd phrasing, but you appeared to have answered it yourself anyway.

Cave Troll likes this.
  5. Arslan786

Arslan786 New Member

Yes.....I wrote the post in a haste.

6. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

You do realise there's an edit button?