1. Dmitriy

Dmitriy New Member

How to submit an artbook

Discussion in 'Marketing' started by Dmitriy, Oct 11, 2015.

Hello everyone!
    I'm sorry for my poor English (I'm not native English speaker), but for now I meets the great problem with book submission.
    I have a novel (59000 words); it's like Kafka - Proust - Hesse like book (highly depressive stuff).
    For the small words number I decided to hire the artists and made text like an artbook. My artists are famous (for example, I work with "Perfect World" videogame artist; others are the same art quality).

Now I have one big problem. Who works (from agents) with such kind of books and how to submit it? Surfing via Internet I dont find any one, who provide agency works for this kinds of books (it's not graphic novel; it's colored artbook - 59k words + 100 colored and b/w pictures).

Thanks for any tips/hints.
    PS I live in Russia, so the snail mail is not for me.

2. Aerisfullofwhimsy

Aerisfullofwhimsy Member

I couldn't find much, but there is a website (Canadian) that I remember from awhile back that I think may be of interest to you. I think it's anteism.com ( I hope I'm not breaking a rule by putting the address up). I know they don't do comics anymore. I have a side solo project that is sort of similar so I'm going to watch this thread to see if anyone knows anything else. Good luck and welcome!

3. Dmitriy

Dmitriy New Member

I know where I made a mistake submitting my book.
    The artbooks and heavy pictured books should be presented to graphic novels and comics literary agents.

Aerisfullofwhimsy likes this.