Tags:
  1. Antaus

Antaus Active Member

Seeking a Resource

Discussion in 'Setting Development' started by Antaus, Jul 20, 2017.

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a good questionnaire regard the creation of fictional races? I find them to be a good jumping off point for establishing the framework that goes into further development. I'd prefer one that's fairly detailed and makes you stop and think about things before you answer. I have races from both sci-fi and fantasy settings that could use a little more omph in bringing them to life.

2. animagus_kitty

animagus_kitty Active Member

I find that for name generators, fantasynamegenerator.com is my go-to. Its description generator is alright, but it's not stellar.
    SeventhSanctum has a better description generator, but its names have always been sub-par to me. I will note, though, that if you don't need 'a name', but rather inspiration for one, SeventhSanctum usually wins out.

3. izzybot

izzybot Transhuman Autophage Contributor

I saved this a little while ago. (It looks broken on my phone right now but hopefully that's just me?) It's for world building in general and more open-ended than a questionnaire, but might be helpful.

Fernando.C likes this.
  4. Damien Loveshaft

Damien Loveshaft Active Member

http://springhole.net/writing/worldbuilding.htm

They have tons of questionnaires and other resources on this site. Here's the world building directory.