Tags:
  1. Dreams_on_Mars

Dreams_on_Mars Member

Help!_No ideas for fantasy

Discussion in 'Setting Development' started by Dreams_on_Mars, Jul 26, 2017.

okay so this isn't exactly for a writing project. I am a 3d artist and there is a fantasy competition I want to enter, it's due in a month. But for the life of me I have spent and wasted two days trying to come up with some sort of fantasy idea for my picture..
    I never read that much fantasy growing up, except for The Hobbit.. and um.. The War of the Worlds, if that counts... (i think it is kind of in the middle between sci fi and fantasy personally)..
    Anyways.. whenever I think of an idea I end up trashing it cause I don't love it. But the few ideas I have come up with are: Houses that are part trees and are organic living things.
    Floating boulders in the sky with rock castles on them and fabric ladder going between them.
    A world where the technological people are being overrun by nature loving hippies so the city is very small compared to more natural aspects of the world.

Thanks in advance for any help..

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  2. C.F. Boehlke

C.F. Boehlke Member

Hi @Dreams_on_Mars! Is this a short story competition or are you looking to write a novel?

It sounds to me like you have a number of ideas related to environment/setting, and like you would enjoy world-building, so I think fantasy could be a good fit for you. To really get going, though, you are going to need to develop some characters and a conflict/problem that they can engage in.

Dreams_on_Mars likes this.
  3. Not Ready to Say

Not Ready to Say Active Member

Maybe try an outsider exploring a native village built on floating rocks with natives sneaking up behind him? Two sides, the tech city and the nature-loving hippy village?

Dreams_on_Mars likes this.
  4. Dreams_on_Mars

Dreams_on_Mars Member

Okay I will look into these thank you.