1. Cdn Writer

Cdn Writer Contributor Contributor

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America

Seeking Editor - or recommendations for one

Discussion in 'Self-Publishing' started by Cdn Writer, Aug 2, 2021.

Hi,

I have been working with a co-author and I think it's time to seek out an editor.

The book is a suspense crime thriller, approximately 75,000 words and I think 30 chapters at this point.

**There are mentions of child abuse, murder, kidnapping, suspicious events, etc. I do NOT think it is too graphic but if this material is offensive or triggering for someone, it's probably not the best book for you to edit. That said, I think Stephen King has darker work than we do.**

I'm seeking a professional editor and willing to pay for this. I don't know what is reasonable but I will be shopping around and asking people.

This is book #1 in a series, it is currently planned to be three books total but might go up to four.

I would like a price for editing one book and a timeline & I would also like a price for editing three books total. The current plan is one book per year and to self publish.

Also, IMPORTANT - in addition to writing this and spit-balling ideas with my co-author, I have also been training and starting a new job in my personal life. I am RARELY on this site so I will probably not see replies til next week. (Second week of August)

You can private message or post a comment reply, both are ok. Other people might have similar questions so comment replies might get you additional work from other aspiring writers as they are public.

2. SapereAude

SapereAude Senior Member

Do you know what type of edit you're looking for? Developmental edit? Copy edit? Proofreader?

All of the above?

3. Cdn Writer

Cdn Writer Contributor Contributor

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America
    Wow, that was quick!

I don't know the difference between those types of editing so I'll say, "All of the above."

4. SapereAude

SapereAude Senior Member