1. Margaery

Margaery New Member

Contests Writing contests on Facebook

Discussion in 'Marketing' started by Margaery, Aug 10, 2016.

What is your opinion about writing contests that run on Facebook (other social media)? Are you entering writing contests like this https://unplag.com/blog/unplag-plagiarism-busters-contest? The winner of mentioned contest will receive a prize + publication in Facebook group.

Is it a worthy reward? I mean, if the Facebook group is big (in this case there're more than 70 000 followers) it makes sense. But when it's small(up to 100 followers) probably only a few people will notice your published work.

It seems that young writers are struggling the most...

2. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

That one is just a way to get desperate writers to promote their business for free, as you enter the 'competition' by sharing the business's page. Some of the entrants may read some of the other entrants' stories to check out the competition, but most will just post their story and get on with their lives. Hardly anybody is going to read the stories that are posted. Even the winning one.

I mean, you could get a $150 gift card and it's 300 words so it might be worth an hour or two of your life. But I'm confident in saying it's not going to get you any worthwhile exposure.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017