1. Vern of Fortree

Vern of Fortree New Member

Standard 'Hello I have no idea what I'm doing' Thread.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Vern of Fortree, Jan 16, 2017.

Okay, hello~

As you can tell, I'm sorta new here, and I'm not quite sure about how things work. Are there any general sort of etiquette and things that aren't stated in the rules that I should know about before I start accidentally annoying people? You know, those 'rules that aren't rules'.

I love to write. In fact, it's pretty much one of the only things I can still be motivated to do these days. Right now, I'm working on a novel, and I have been working on it for quite a long time. 1st draft is already done, but it's bad, written on-and-off over the course of a year. It's sorta incoherent, but I'm in the process of coherent-ify-ing it, and I like how it's turning out, but I have some doubts. I'm revising it right now. Anyway, I can't exactly call myself an experienced writer. But I do try, sort of.

I also used to write (admittedly pretty bad) fan fiction, and I stopped, but I'm looking to start again. I tend to role-play a bit, but I can't exactly say I'm an experienced role-player either. It's just something I do in my free time.

I guess what I'd really like is to just talk to people about writing.

Also, my friends tend to tell me that I'm a completely different person when I'm online and typing stuff. I guess it's normal, but I've never asked around much.

Look forward to talking with you all!

2. Sack-a-Doo!

Sack-a-Doo! Contributor Contributor

Congrats on finishing a first draft. You're ahead of most people who decide to write novels.

And good for you for diving into the second draft. For me, that's always harder to start than a first draft (and I suspect it is for others as well) so congrats on that, too.

As for annoying people, don't worry about it. You're not alone. ;)

A man called Valance likes this.