Sex before marriage?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by The Bard of Wigan, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KP Williams

KP Williams Active Member

No offense, but you know neither me nor my life. And I don't give out details of my relationships to random people on the Internet. It should be enough to say that I know what I'm talking about, more than I'd like to. And I really don't know where you're getting that I don't believe in contraception. Just because I personally wouldn't, if it were up to me? That doesn't mean I disapprove. :confused:

2. Xeno

Xeno Mad and Bitey Contributor

Alright guys, let's cool it a little. Not having a go at you, but we don't want to start an arguement.

3. KP Williams

Yeah, that's why I don't post here all that often. Mild comments are often considered to be like trying to start an argument. >_<

4. de locke

de locke New Member

Ok, I misunderstood your point of view then.

This just gave me the impression that you view sex only as a means to reproduction.

5. KP Williams

Aaah, now I see it. Guess I should have reread my older posts. :redface: That would be my view for myself; anyone else can do whatever they want. And who knows, maybe my view will change when/if I experience it in full.

6. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

I agree with Mcarpenter about agreeing with Becca.

7. Xeno

I disagree. (Sorry! :redface:)

8. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    So when do we have the orgy?

Lets get it on already.

9. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

Well... if "Matty poo" is alright with you involved in it, then lets get it started. ;)

10. apathykills

apathykills New Member

As soon as you can make a matt cloning machine, because anything else is cheating. (Except for another woman, i'm pretty sure he won't mind that.)

For shame!

11. Shadow Dragon

Hmm, if you have sex with your partners clone, is that cheating? If not then is it alright to sleep with their identical twin? :p

And hey, it could be an Ashliegh cloning machine, since technically her clones wouldn't be dating Matt. :p

12. Xeno

Haha, I'm in. :p

13. de locke

de locke New Member

O rly? I thought you proclaimed that sex without love is 'disgusting'?

lol

14. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.

What happens at WF.org, STAYS at wf.org :cool:

and OMG what is this some Ashleigh clone auction?! LOL (I'mquiteflattered)

I get first pickin's of all the best matt clones.

...wth, I can have the original ;) (plus a few more sexy duplicates)

15. Rykoshet

Rykoshet New Member

Sex is not about reproduction or love. Well, more of the former I'd say. It's mostly about oxytocin, dopamine, and seratonin, to name a few. That's why little kids to it when nobody is looking, and when you get older you find a partner and do the same.

I feel sorry for people who listen to others on such an important issue. There are a lot of misguided teens out there, and the abstinence-only folks are only fueling the ignorance fire.

Sex is a lot of things, and one of those is a way for two mature adults--or if you're in an awesome country like mine--sixteen-year-olds to have a lot of fun without resorting to drugs or facebook. Not that there's anything wrong with drugs, for the most part.

Now, as with all great things, the teenage population has gone and ruined it for the rest of us by getting everyone worked up about issues such as teenage pregnancy and STDs. A little brains and a latex barrier can go a long way in preventing such foolishness.

That said, here's a real fun fact: the one-time chance for either pregnancy or HIV transmission is a lot, lot, lot, lot, lot lot lower than you thought, even without a condom, though I hardly condone such needless risk

16. de locke

de locke New Member

I agree with you except where you state that there's nothing wrong with drugs.

17. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

According to Women's magazine, sex is all about fermones. You can't have have sex with someone if you aren't attracted to them or something.

18. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

There's nothing inherently wrong about drugs. If you mean addictions, you can blame the human brain for that.

19. de locke

de locke New Member

I didn't say anything about addiction. Drugs can be detrimental both physically and mentally. I'm not saying that they don't have their positives....

20. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

Everything is potentially detrimental. :p

21. Den

Den New Member

It's sex. Just be safe, don't run around doing it every day, and make sure you're not thirteen. Then it's just dirty.

Really, there's several ways to look at it. Sex is a perfectly natural thing. It's pleasurable, and when done responsibly and safely, it's fine. Before marriage? Nothing wrong with that, but it depends on who you are.

22. Shadow Dragon

You forgot one other important rule:

Make sure they're not thirteen. ;)

23. Den

Den New Member

o.o Oh dear...

That's also something to remember. There's also the "don't cheat" rule. I think I have everything now. I hope I have everything. D:

24. Anthem

Anthem New Member

Whatever two people decide to do with each other is no one's business but their own. They shouldn't let the church or tradition step interfer or any person interfere with their decision-making, they are their own person and they know what they want.

BUT
    I agree with above posts, there is a certain age where it is just too young to start and I'd say that's anything fourteen-fifteen or younger. That's just crusty starting at thirteen.

Quick Joke (warning, not one for the kiddies):
    Q: What's the best about about having sex with 28 year olds.
    A: There's twenty of them.

It's a terrible, awful joke I know.

25. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

You know what I've never understood? Why is there such a stigma with sex?

A lot of people here on this thread are saying it: It's just sex. There's no need to be embarassed to talk to your kids about it or be ashamed that you lost your virginity early --or that you're holding onto it after forty years.
    The only reason I see a stigma at all is the fact that religion has driven it into our skulls (whether you are religious or not) that sex is a hush-hush thing (whether from your holy text or the leaders of your religion, or both), which is just ridiculous in my opinion. For a long time, procreation has not been the goal --fun has been the goal. Make sure you're old enough to handle it, responsible enough to not hurt yourself (pregnancy, STDs, or emotionally), and as far as I'm concerned, go at it like rabbits. ;)

Anthem: That's hilarious! :D

Edit: And, to be perfectly honest, I dont even see the big deal about age. Sometimes it screws you up, especially if you happen to be forced at a young age, but I actually know several people who lost their virginity way before thirteen years of age, and they're just fine and happy with their choices. Me, however, if I lost it when I was younger than thirteen... Well. I didnt even care for boys (or girls, I suppose) when I was younger than thirteen. That young is not for me. But that just reinforces the idea that sex is a personal choice and voicing your opinion on someone else's actions is just silly. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.