1. Helen Bennet-Kröger

Helen Bennet-Kröger New Member

sex, orcs, dramedy

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Helen Bennet-Kröger, Mar 21, 2018.

..are a few of the things I'm interested in. But not all of them. Let me explain.

I'm Helen, from Berlin, Germany. Mostly I write for film but recently I've been coming back to my first love, prose. That's where the orc stuff came running back. You see, I've been writing political thrillers. dark dramas and coming of age. But lately I've been feeling an itch..an itch for magic realism. That's one of the reasons why I joined this forum, to expand my writing horizon a little bit and talk about stretching out with like minded writers.

My other passion is psychology. I talk about the connection of writing and psychology in my blog(https://writingnooked.wordpress.com), because I truly believe in the healing powers of writing. It might just be the most important tool that we have.
    So I'd love to talk about this topic with fellow writers.

Well, I'm happy to be here!

PennyDreadfully likes this.
  2. Alastair Woodcock

Alastair Woodcock Active Member

Hello and welcome.

I read your blog. If you are on twitter, there's an account I follow called Writing for Wellbeing - https://twitter.com/write4wellbeing which might be of interest.

I did pretty much what you wrote about in your blog last year. I dug out an old school diary and one of my first stories, written as a 13 year old, about a tiny football team that win the (English) FA Cup, and posted them to Facebook. Since then I've re-discovered my love of writing and self-published two books, and am now working on a third (its the second book in a trilogy).

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you on the forum, which has been a very useful source of advice and ideas for me already.

3. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Welcome to the Forum. :superhello:
    You have an intriguing take on writing,
    and it is kinda fresh.
    Good luck and have fun. :supersmile:
    fanatics.png

4. Andrew Alvarez

Andrew Alvarez Senior Member

Hey, be welcome! There are a lot of good resources to look around on this forum, and also many chances to participate, review other writer's work, and post a critic to improve their skills while improving the own. It will be really interesting to check your work around if you wish to post it (specially if helps to improve psychological profiling of characters, which interests me also), and, of course, hope you have a lot of fun while you're around. See you!

Helen Bennet-Kröger likes this.