1. Boomstick10995

Boomstick10995 Member

Post a chapter in sections?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Boomstick10995, Jun 30, 2012.

So, the first chapter of my story is kinda long. Probably longer than most of the chapters posted here. But, I really want to get feedback on my first chapter and how to edit it down. I already read the rules on posting long chapters and that it's best to just post excerpts. So, would it be okay to post my chapter in excerpts? For example, post the first 500-1000 words, get feedback and advice on that excerpt, then post the next 500-1000 words until the entire chapter is posted (which shouldn't be no more than three posts.) If not, how can I post the chapter so that everyone can see it in its entirety and give me advice on how to edit it down?

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

That is the way to do it. ALL the excerpts should be in the same thread,

3. michaelj

michaelj Active Member

If you're gonna post all your chapters in sections, you might as well post it in a oner. The reason people suggest not posting whole chapters is because it can really damage your chances at getting publishing. Posting your chapters in little sections throughout the web, won't change that. (though you're usually fine to post one chapter)

4. Boomstick10995

Boomstick10995 Member

Thanks guys! I'll keep everything in one thread.
    Mike, I don't plan on getting this one published. It's just for my own enjoyment and practice you could say.

5. Michipanda

Michipanda Member

Can't wait to see it ;)