1. Sometimes_I_Think

Sometimes_I_Think New Member

New to using critique/writing forums

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sometimes_I_Think, Dec 4, 2016.

Hello all :) my name is Alex. I have been an avid writer for several years now, writing the occasional short story on my free time and showing them around to friends. As I have matured I have finally decided to dedicate to writing my first actual novel. I don't have a whole lot of time (being only 16 years old I'm still in high school and my passion for band takes up a lot of my life along with home work), but any extra minutes that i can scrape together have now been dedicated to writing. By joining this forum I'm hoping to post my progress (by the chapter) to get constructive criticism from other writers, and if I actually get far enough, then some help with the publishing process. Thanks for any responses to this :) I'm excited to become a member of the community!

2. blklizard

blklizard Member

Hi Alex!

I am relatively new in the forums and I have a similar goal of writing my first actual novel (though I wish I was as young as you :p). From what I have seen so far, this community had been pretty great and responses to pieces had been solid. Have yet to meet the requirements to post my progress but I still have a good time meeting new people and reading their work.

I would be glad to critique your work and hope you can do the same in return. What genre will your first novel be?

3. Sometimes_I_Think

Sometimes_I_Think New Member

I am writing a sic-fi/adventure novel titled Flight 1045. Id be glad to critique your work when you meet the requirements to post it and id much appreciate critique in return!

4. ThistleMae

ThistleMae Member

Welcome Alex! It's great you are starting so young. I used to write here and there at your age, but never anything serious until my mid 30's. I'm now working on my third novel...doing rewrites. I've only just begun the process of trying to find a literary agent. The query letter is my nemesis, as it is for many. I can't tell you how many times and ways I've attempted to get it right. So my wisdom for today....just keep at it. This forum has been helpful and has led me to other resources as well. I too am waiting to meet the criteria for submitting a sample of my writing. It's definitely less lonely in here.

5. mikasa

mikasa Member

Welcome Alex. I think you'll find this forum helpful. If not for the peer reviews, then just for the opportunity to see varied writings. When I go to look at the work of others, it really helps me step back from what I might be stuck on.