Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nzric

nzric Active Member

"Shameless self-promotion" forum?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by nzric, May 5, 2011.

First of all, this isn't something I'd want to use straight away. I'm far from being a published author...

The site is fairly strict about people promoting themselves in the forums through posts/threads/signatures etc. I completely agree with that.

but...

If there's a member that I talk to online, maybe I have read/critiqued some of their stories on this site as well and really like their stuff, it would be good to have a forum for them to tell everyone they've finally signed a book deal and to answer questions about how they got the book out, upcoming signings, what they're doing to market themselves, where their personal blog is for the book, etc. Also, any self-promotion threads in other forums could be moved to this forum.

I'd really appreciate knowing which members are getting deals and how they're going once they've "made it" with some of their work, especially if us members helped them work through some issues/ideas/problems in the Writing Issues section of this forum while they were writing it.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

It's not going to happen. We have enough of a spam problem as it is without creating a magnet forum for marketing books.

Established members get to share their good news in places like the Lounge, as long as it is kept low key and they don't try to sell their work here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.