Tags:
  1. Dreamsage

Dreamsage Member

Bug Report [Solved] Cannot send mails

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Dreamsage, Oct 5, 2018.

Suddenly, since yesterday, when I'm trying to start a new conversation I get this instead:

...Sooo how do I solve this? I've tried to send my message many times, from different browsers, and nothing.

I've been refreshing every half an hour since yesterday, and posting worked 3-4 times... both from my cellphone and my PC.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  2. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

Does this happen when you press open the "New conversation" page, or when you actually start the conversation (i.e. send a message)?
    If it's the latter, does it matter what you write in the message (e.g. only text vs. message with links and/or smilies and images)?

Dreamsage likes this.
  3. Dreamsage

Dreamsage Member

I finally managed to start a new conversation and make one post under it, but then I could not post another - the message appeared again. It seems to briefly work once or twice a day, at random. The message appears when I hit the button to post under a conversation - any conversation, either the old or the new one. It sometimes takes a moment to show up, and other times it does not show up at all, it just shows the loading dots top right for a while and won't post my meassage.
    The message is text only. One-word messages seem to pass through a bit easier, but it may be coincidental.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  4. Dreamsage

Dreamsage Member

Another issue is, for the last 1-2 days the website cannot open in my pc. In Comodo Dragon browser the page won't open at all, while in chrome only a list of the contents and links appear, with "ERROR" up at the page title. In my cellphone (chrome) it opens just fine - only the conversation issues are still here (they started shortly before my site loading issues, which is how I know they appear in both devices)

5. Komposten

Does it happen at work/school/other place that is not home? Only on your PC or on other devices?
    Does anything show up in the browser's console (press F12) when you get the error?

6. Dreamsage

Dreamsage Member

Currently the site won't open in my PC... is there something like the F12 key but for cellphones? I'll see if I can open it through someone else's PC once I get the chance.
    The problem appears both in my PC and my cellphone. Should I try at some other device?
    Also, the networks I've been in are my home network and the one I have through cellphone data. It works with none. I'll be able to try with a public one tomorrow, I don't know if it could help.

7. Dreamsage

Dreamsage Member

I think I found the issue!!! Well, sort of. I seem to be able to post messages, as long as I don't include quotes. Which isn't a big problem at all, though it may end up in some visually tiring texts. I don't have quote issues in regular posts, only in conversations.
    The site still won't open in my PC, but I'll try again tomorrow. It has happened before and it was fine again after a few days.

8. Komposten

Okay, good find! Would still be good if you tried on a different computer. I want to know if it's related to your device or your account (the latter is highly unlikely, but the more info we have the better).
    If you trigger too many Internal Server Errors the firewall gets mad at you and blocks your IP for a while. Let me know if it doesn't return access to you within a day or so, and I'll ping the admin to manually remove the block.

Dreamsage likes this.
  9. Dreamsage

Dreamsage Member

It works now! I can open the website normally at my pc AND send quoted messages. Everything is back to normal!
    Thank you for your support!

10. Komposten

Uh, okay. Glad to see it works!

Must have been a temporary hiccup somewhere...

Dreamsage likes this.
  11. Dreamsage

Dreamsage Member

Aaand now it doesn't open in my PC again. There was no series of errors before this time, I didn't even post anything. Strange...

12. Dreamsage

Dreamsage Member

And fixed, all of a sudden. That's really weird!!!