1. Al B

Al B New Member

Just a bit odd

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Al B, May 29, 2008.

Okay, so I donated to the site and I'm happy to do so, but shouldn't that show up on my title in threads?

Not bothered too much if it does not, I'm not interested in waving a flag, but what concerned me was that since the cash definitely went out of my account, can I be sure that it has gone the site's way?

Al

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

PM Daniel regarding it. If you've paid the subscription, your supporter status should be going on imminently, if not already.

3. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

If you don't live in the US then it will have to be put through manually by Daniel, so it shouldn't be too long. :)

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Even within the US it can take a couple of days for the transfer to complete.

5. Al B

Al B New Member

Cheers for the replies people, as I say, I'm more concerned that the cash didn't get to where I intended it than anything else

Al

6. Bluemouth

There should've been a receipt from Paypal (in the form of an e-mail) once the money was sent.

7. Raven

Raven Banned

Daniel is away until the 7th of June. I know he has to change the process over to supporter status. As for a receipt contact Paypal they should automatically send you one in email.

8. Al B

Al B New Member

Yup, every other time I have used Paypal it has fired an email to me pretty much instantaneously, but I've still had nothing and that strikes me as odd.

Al

9. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Where are you? Mine took a couple of days, because Daniel had to manually accept my paypal transfer (since I'm outside the US). Paypal (I believe) won't fire off the email until the payment has been accepted.

10. Al B

Al B New Member

I'm in the UK - England.

I've done some checking into this, and there is no record of the transaction with Paypal, despite the fact that the money went out of my account. Out of curiosity, I just tried it again, although this time I limited it to a month rather than a year's donation (which is what the previous one was), as I've no desire to get stiffed twice LOL. An email did show up this time.

It will be interesting to see if that one goes through, and if it does then I guess we can add me to the list of people who have had problems with Paypal, which I never have had before, although I know that many people have claimed it has happened to them.

Al

11. Bluemouth

That's very annoying to hear and disappointing you lost money with the first transfer. I'm sure Daniel will give you a longer subscription under the circumstances.

12. Raven

Raven Banned

Yeah same for me too I had to wait until the payment has been accepted too.
    Which was kool because it was rather quick considering Daniel was online. :)

13. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

It looks like your Supporter status is set, but Daniel probably needs to set up some aspects of it (including the emerald bar under your avatar) when he gets back.